So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Notices

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
No just be a millionaire. The 30'er costs a half mil...
Oh? News to us..
Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Oh? News to us..
Powerboat mag tested one with Ilmor700s $535k.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewDown
Not really. We are all just splashing around in a small pond in the middle of the desert over here.
lol
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've owned, looked at and driven a lot of boats. I haven't driven them all as a doubt many people have. I happend to love MTI.

Every make boat has their issues. I'm surprised how many people have a such strong negative opinions. I wonder how many have first hand knowledge.

I have seen many "Top name" boats stress crack everywhere. Some before they ever made it off the trailer.

I have seen certain make boats delaminate where huge sections of the hull would need to be replaced. Sometimes while running and sometimes from just sitting.

I have seen boats porpoise so bad fro 80 to 100 mph there had do be a tunnel tab added that would make the boat dangerous as heck.

I have seen boats that have a reputation of hooking or spinning out, throwing the passengers overboard.

Still people will defend the make boat they love and criticize others with little or no personal experience in the ones they critisize. All boats have issues, some are much more serious then others.

When I got to Havasu I was very surprised to find out that out that of all the different boats that took part in the Havasu run Johnny Tomilson was running the DCB's.
There was some bad equipment there!! When I heard JT was running the "lake boats" I see advertised in the magazines I had to take a closer look. JT is very particular as to what he runs in.

I'm no boat expert by any means. I spent quite a bit of time talking with Dave (which i never met before) and looking at the way his boats are built. After spending time and talking with Dave, talking with JT and looking at the boats inside and out I came to the conclusion: "these are not the little Lake boats i thought they were"! I think the DCB's are right there with the best of them.

Johnny Tomilson took people for rides all weekend. He said he could not believe the ride. He said he was very impressed. He also said it was one of his best weekends in boating.

Before anyone bashes DCB's I strongly suggest taking a look at them first hand. I never saw one in person before and I was amazed and Impressed.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I've owned, looked at and driven a lot of boats. I haven't driven them all as a doubt many people have. I happend to love MTI.

Every make boat has their issues. I'm surprised how many people have a such strong negative opinions. I wonder how many have first hand knowledge.

I have seen many "Top name" boats stress crack everywhere. Some before they ever made it off the trailer.

I have seen certain make boats delaminate where huge sections of the hull would need to be replaced. Sometimes while running and sometimes from just sitting.

I have seen boats porpoise so bad fro 80 to 100 mph there had do be a tunnel tab added that would make the boat dangerous as heck.

I have seen boats that have a reputation of hooking or spinning out, throwing the passengers overboard.

Still people will defend the make boat they love and criticize others with little or no personal experience in the ones they critisize. All boats have issues, some are much more serious then others.

When I got to Havasu I was very surprised to find out that out that of all the different boats that took part in the Havasu run Johnny Tomilson was running the DCB's.
There was some bad equipment there!! When I heard JT was running the "lake boats" I see advertised in the magazines I had to take a closer look. JT is very particular as to what he runs in.

I'm no boat expert by any means. I spent quite a bit of time talking with Dave (which i never met before) and looking at the way his boats are built. After spending time and talking with Dave, talking with JT and looking at the boats inside and out I came to the conclusion: "these are not the little Lake boats i thought they were"! I think the DCB's are right there with the best of them.

Johnny Tomilson took people for rides all weekend. He said he could not believe the ride. He said he was very impressed. He also said it was one of his best weekends in boating.

Before anyone bashes DCB's I strongly suggest taking a look at them first hand. I never saw one in person before and I was amazed and Impressed.
Sounds good Gino!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If JT says it you can take it to the bank. Teague included. He used to own DCB 29 and 32 cats before he got his Skater40SS.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Isn't Schiada a West Coast builder? I heard they make a awesome offshore boat, just not real popular.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Looks Amazing!

The boat, colors and Trailer are remarkable..!!

Simply Amazing to look at!! WOW...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

Gino, I agree 100%! I was and am still a Skater, Nortech, and since you made MTI very famous in Florida, I like MTI as well. I have watched the growth of DCB and the past 2 years have been remarkable for Dave's company (especially in this economy). Beautiful, quality, super fast cats! Not to mention how many M31's and M35's has he sold this year? I count 7 or 8? Some with 1350's or big Teague power. I read on PB that he has health issues and may be looking for a buyer. There are some updates to the story on the PB site. I hope DCB hangs in there and someone steps up to help him. The price sounds fairly realistic if it's all true. They are working on confirming all of the stories. Take a look at the web site.

Gino, where is your new secret weapon? 4x 1350 maybe?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

This board could use some upbeat stories!!! Somebody build something already damn it! I dont want to hear about any health issues. Been through that for 3 yrs now. Lets dig in and create some serious chit!! Hope all goes well for DCB beautiful machines.

I cant wait to come through the other side and get back in the game.... I really miss it.Its been 2 yrs now without a ride unfortunately its taking a little bit of time while we wait for CHANGE and redistribution of wealth ha ha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.