So who's new DCB M35 is this? >

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Notices

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvrrat
I was exaggerating a little to make a point, sorry.
A LITTLE???
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
A LITTLE???
Just a little. But we've all heard ...I can do 122 with 496's. I mean puhleeze.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

I've always wondered why the West Coast cats have center pods on the twin engine models. Is it about low speed handling?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Registered

Can anyone that has shopped these boats give an idea of what the pricing is really like with similar power?

How would a M35 with some bling compare in price to a 36 Skater or MTI with the same power and similar hardware? I think MSRP's are close, but in reality where do they fall?

I liken the DCB's to a Alfa 8C or Aston, absolutely beautiful and well done, but not really the greatest handler. A nice amount of "amenities" and certainly not bargain priced.

A Skater is more like a Ferrari 599, much more performance, less creature comforts, and a price that matches!

I'd be thrilled to have either, but on the Great Lakes or ocean's, I'm pretty sure I know which I'd much rather have.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Can anyone that has shopped these boats give an idea of what the pricing is really like with similar power?

How would a M35 with some bling compare in price to a 36 Skater or MTI with the same power and similar hardware? I think MSRP's are close, but in reality where do they fall?

I liken the DCB's to a Alfa 8C or Aston, absolutely beautiful and well done, but not really the greatest handler. A nice amount of "amenities" and certainly not bargain priced.

A Skater is more like a Ferrari 599, much more performance, less creature comforts, and a price that matches!

I'd be thrilled to have either, but on the Great Lakes or ocean's, I'm pretty sure I know which I'd much rather have.
Isn't it obvious which one to buy?

Its kind of like this. I wanted something that would work hard, so I bought a Ford. But not the prettiest or most comfortable of trucks. If I wanted a couch with soft seats and mood lighting, I would have bought a Chevy. Well to be honest, I would never own a Chevy. Just making a comparison to help you out.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rvrrat
Isn't it obvious which one to buy?

Its kind of like this. I wanted something that would work hard, so I bought a Ford. But not the prettiest or most comfortable of trucks. If I wanted a couch with soft seats and mood lighting, I would have bought a Chevy. Well to be honest, I would never own a Chevy. Just making a comparison to help you out.
What?

That wasn't what I was asking at all. I asked the price difference.

For where I boat I'd take a Skater though, but I can't insure or afford either so it's all a dream for now.

I also don't equate the Ford to the work truck, they are much more lifestyle vehicle than a GM half ton....
Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

www.powerboatmag.com/skater-388.html

http://www.powerboatmag.com/daves-cu...-widebody.html

2 very diff boats with the exact power. I agree Purpose built..

Last edited by chad1; 06-30-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: '''
Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

Enlighten me, so there are no "West Coast" performance builders that cater to those who boat in the Pacific and Tahoe?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bert4332
Enlighten me, so there are no "West Coast" performance builders that cater to those who boat in the Pacific and Tahoe?
Not really. We are all just splashing around in a small pond in the middle of the desert over here.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
F26
Registered

thats my Jenny !

Originally Posted by chad1
www.powerboatmag.com/skater-388.html

http://www.powerboatmag.com/daves-cu...-widebody.html

2 very diff boats with the exact power. I agree Purpose built..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.