Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another story to add to the collection! >

Another story to add to the collection!

Notices

Another story to add to the collection!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another story to add to the collection!

Stuff like this can only happen to me. When it first happened it wasn't funny but I ended up having the best laugh I have had in years.

My biggest, best customer is a national company. They treat me very well and e have a wonderful relationship. The have several events every year to raise money for the children’s charities they support. Their largest event every year is a charity golf tournament held at PGA national. It is a huge event and they invite all of their cliental, many celebrities and political figures. Every year they give away over $100k in prizes to the people that attend the tournament. They give us a “wish list” of the prizes they would like to have donated to them. Every year I purchase items from the list and donate them.
This year one of the items they asked for was 12 Apple iphones. I thought i could get them from the Apple store but after i committed to them i found out They needed the unlocked version so they could be used with any cellular service.

I went on Ebay, which I do a lot of buying and selling on, and found some unlocked phones.. Once I tried to buy the “Unlocked phones” no one had 12 of them. I had to buy 2 here and 2 there etc. I got all 12 and gave them to my customer.
The tournament goes on as planned and it was a great success. The Monday afternoon after the tournament I get a call from my contact and he says “We have a huge problem”. Immediately my heart drops. I can tell by his tone it is not good news. Being my largest customer, I do everything I can to keep them happy.
He tells me there were issues with some of the phones. The CEO of the company ended up winning one of the iphones. When he turned it on instead of the Apple logo appearing like it does on every Iphone, a "PINEAPPLE" appeared on the screen.
Apparently one of the Ebay sellers sold me counterfeit Iphone Copies. I wanted to die. I had no idea what to say. Fortunately my contact is my buddy and he told the CEO that the phones were donated from multiple people and there was no way of telling. One other person got a pineapple phone as well. Imagine how embarrassed my customer was. I felt terrible!!
Next year I will only be donating gift certificates!
Beware of buying Iphones on Ebay!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Only you, Gino... only you.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO pal

Great story
Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just tell them that is the new phone that is not even out yet! LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess a pinapple is better than a Lemon LOL

Gino your stories alway make me smile
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Priceless! Ya can't make this stuff up, Thanks for the good Monday morning laugh Gino.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unbelievable!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Good Deed Goes unPunished.....LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story.

However, your "Pineapple" iPhone is likely a legitimate iPhone but with a "Jail Break" version of operating software.

http://pineappleiphone.com/

Basically, this is a very common method that people use to unlock their personal iPhones. They probably work a lot better with this software verse the original ROM load.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayley
Great story.

However, your "Pineapple" iPhone is likely a legitimate iPhone but with a "Jail Break" version of operating software.

http://pineappleiphone.com/

Basically, this is a very common method that people use to unlock their personal iPhones. They probably work a lot better with this software verse the original ROM load.
That would have been good to know!

He kept saying I can't believe you gave us Pineapple phones!! After the initial shock. I don't think i ever laughed so hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.