Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker run vid, go pro edit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/233629-poker-run-vid-go-pro-edit.html)

Wild 06-28-2010 08:10 PM

Poker run vid, go pro edit

I have some go pro vids from the weekend and YouTube and facebook both say they are to big, what are options to share them

phragle 06-28-2010 08:29 PM

what format are they in?? your best bet may be a bit of editing or breaking them into smaller vids.

Wild 06-28-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 3146893)
what format are they in?? your best bet may be a bit of editing or breaking them into smaller vids.

That is what I want to do, tell me how please

boatme 06-28-2010 09:16 PM

Randy i use a video editing program called Vegas 7

You need a program to put the vid and cut down to 10 minute sections

phragle 06-28-2010 09:26 PM

you probably have a program on your omputer called windows movie maker that will do it, if its a standard format.

GLH 06-29-2010 05:34 AM

Randy you have to keep them under 10 minutes

C_Spray 06-29-2010 06:46 AM

GoPro videos are in Apple's QuickTime format, which MovieMaker will not open unless you download a special codec, which I was not successful in doing. Instead, I upgraded to the "Pro" version of QuickTime, which allows you to edit the videos and (if need be) to reduce their resolution for phones and web posting. I have to say that I'm not 100% satisfied with the software, as it's not necessarily intuitive to use, and the HD files that my GoPro generates take a l-o-n-g time to process (but that's probably more a fault of my 6-year old computer...)

If anyone knows of a better (free) program or upgrade, I'd love to hear it. I've learned to be VERY cautious of many freeware video programs as most contain spyware...

Bobthebuilder 06-29-2010 07:45 AM

Apple's imovie works slick on my Mac. I like to keep mine short, under 3 minutes unless there is a change of scenery or different boats etc. to keep viewer interest.

When I showed the family a Go Pro movie I made in the Bahamas on my recent trip, the family was critical saying " it shows too much water". My response was - "you have no idea how much water I have seen this last while ! " LOL

Good luck with it, Randy

UNSANE 06-30-2010 08:54 PM

I have a GoPro Camera as well. The files are MP4's. They can be converted to .mov files easily with a free downloaded software called MPEG Streamclip. There is a link on the gopro site to that software. Once in the .mov extension it should be a lot easier to edit. If you are using a PC, I recommend Vegas. If you have a MAC, then you can use iMovie. If you have a MAC and some money, get Final Cut Pro.

Keytime 06-30-2010 10:19 PM

Put 'em on facebook. That's where mine are.