Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I don't care what kind'a boat you have...You gotta love this video!! >

I don't care what kind'a boat you have...You gotta love this video!!

Notices

I don't care what kind'a boat you have...You gotta love this video!!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by prostock85
is that water spraying out of the v-drive 6:12-6:13?
1st thing you gotta know about v-drives.. They all leak.. (seriously) You'll never find one without some small amount of water trickling in.. When they are running at speed a little water seeps as well.

Long story short what you saw at 6:13 was when he let off the gas a little bit of water from the bildge ran forward and hit the prop shaft etc.. and sprayed up a hair..

It's an open stringer boat so water can run from the back to just in front of the pedals where there is a bulkhead that houses a 3rd fuel tank etc..

RD
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

great video... what was the site where there are more?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse James
www.riverdavesplace.com

Old 10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Jesse James
At the very end of the video it gives the URL to the site.. There is a video on the front page of some more Schiada's from the regatta.. You can click "more" next to the video to see other videos from the past.. covering everything from partying on the 4th of July, to other boats, ski racing etc..

I don't want to put the URL directly in a post, because I don't want to spam my site on OSO or come off that way etc.. These vids are just for online entertainment etc.. So I hope you guys like them..

If you think the video on the 1st page is crazy though.. How about 100 mph pulling skiers? This vid most everything is 60 - 100+ mph on the same stretch of river.. If you watch it in HD / fullscreen during one segment you can see a rope gets hooked on the inside of another boats canopy during a turn etc..

http://vimeo.com/10627278

These 2 are the 4th of July party videos.. 2 different editors that do vids for the site perspectives on the same weekend.

http://vimeo.com/13557342

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjOAmDiubw

I'm not computer Savvy enough to get them to embed in the post..

I'd like to fed ex the little waterproof cameras out to some of the offshore guys during poker runs etc.. and start making some videos for those events as well.

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 10-05-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverDave

I'd like to fed ex the little waterproof cameras out to some of the offshore guys during poker runs etc.. and start making some videos for those events as well.

RD
You can send them to me anytime, and I'll put them all over my Skater for a weekend or some event. That would be fun as hell
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Reminds me of the good Ole days back in Rockford on the Rock River, when I had a little 16' Hustler and tearing up the river. We had a few crazy dudes with fast boats and during the week days we went out and just went nuts. Never on the weekend, too much boats and not flat, mirror like water.
Some of my "friends" called my boat the "suicide machine". About 70+ started to lift up like a plane and about 80 when I got it back down. Good times for sure. I could only imagine what some of the river boats can do with the newer power and drive packages now. One thing is for sure... all the speed..all the power.. a few good 4 -5 ' rollers,,, and no more drive.. no more power It's all offshore for me now.
And I still spend gizziolion hours in the bilge fixing and tweaking.
Good vid, and fun..
THanks... P
Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by BLee
You can send them to me anytime, and I'll put them all over my Skater for a weekend or some event. That would be fun as hell
I'll definately do that.. PM me you're contact info and we'll set it up. Do you boat year round?

Here's another variety video for you peeps.. This one isn't on my site I don't think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmKfjIMvF0

RD
Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But where do U put all the chicks????? Cool ride!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Uhh, those 100 MPH water-skiers are nucking futz!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

hey wobble, is that dan's boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.