Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kentucky noise laws... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23401-kentucky-noise-laws.html)

traviss 04-30-2002 10:09 PM

Kentucky noise laws...

I am looking for info on noise laws in kentucky, mainly lake cumberland...

Thanks

Travis

boatinbill 04-30-2002 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been to Lake Cumberland a couple of times for their poker run in the fall. Trust me there are some pretty loud boats that show up for this, last year we had over two hundred boats, most running over 90mph, many over 100, a few approaching 150. There was never any discussion of noise laws.

Try and contact Jamestown marina or the Lake Cumberland state park, I am sure they both have websites with contact info.

The attached is from last year's run. I have a 27 Formula with a 500EFI and striaght through exhaust, no problem. And I was one of the quieter ones.

rbtnt 04-30-2002 11:35 PM

According to the April 2002 issue of Powerboat, there is not a noise law in Kentucky.

US1 Fountain 04-30-2002 11:38 PM

Never seen or had any problems with noise. Just open and "in-sight" beer cans. Dry County. Pour your beer in a plastic cup= no problem. Still doing the family houseboat get together I take it.

wild willy 05-01-2002 07:04 AM

just about anything goes at cumberland!!!! the lake patrol watches the safety issues not the noise of the big boys toys!! so come on down!!!!!!! bill:cool: :cool:

khadley 05-01-2002 09:48 AM

I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for noise just there alcohol

Now dale hollow is a different story I got a ticket tied up in a cove with out the motor even running
:mad:

GETTINBYE 05-01-2002 10:15 AM

Travis,

Cumberland is where I boat. Unless things change for this year you will not have a problem with a noise issue. Many loud boats, some with dry exhaust and so far no problems. Just keep the beer down and out of site or in a cup and be senseable and you will not have any problems. You should enjoy 76 Falls on Sat. and out in front of the dam late Sat. afternoon 5:30 to 6:00ish.

Be safe & see you there!
Mark

traviss 05-01-2002 10:21 AM

Well that sounds great! Yes, we have a housboat for the first week in august.. i believe.. its our 5th time there. but first time we'll be taken a noise maker. :D I should not have a problem then .. I do not even put alcohal in the boat.. only gets me in trouble LOL!!

Thanks for the info boys....

Travis

euby 05-01-2002 11:39 AM

yep...no noise laws in ky:D

khadley you must have been on the tennesse side of dale hollow to get a ticket like that. my family is from burksville and i have been going to dale hollow for 35 years and only been "pulled over" once because my stern light was flickering at about 60mph. they even chased me all the way from horse creek to sulpher creek:D he he still didn't get a ticket just told to slow down so it wouldn't flicker.

khadley 05-01-2002 01:02 PM

euby,
yeh i was on the tennesse side i went to court and beat it no db reading the cop was mad
they gave out over 17 tickets that day for noise