Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FORD TRUCK Recal on Trailer Hitch!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23405-ford-truck-recal-trailer-hitch.html)

Audiofn 04-30-2002 10:38 PM

FORD TRUCK Recal on Trailer Hitch!!!

After reading about the Ford Trucks having insuficient trailer hitches installed at the dealers I called up Ford directly and asked them what was up. Well hear is the deal. If you asked them for a class 5 hitch and they did not give you one call up Ford Customer care and they will give you a Recall Code 99S32 (that is the one for my 1999 F-350 anyhow, it may be different on other years. I am dropping off the truck and they are installing a hitch for me at no charge so they say. I know that we had a post going a while back and a lot of you guys were caught off guard with that info so call them up and see if the recal applies to your truck.

Jon

thunderdan 04-30-2002 11:57 PM

sweet, I will give them a call:D

East Coast B 05-01-2002 07:09 AM

This is my first FORD I ever bought(2002 PSD) and they haven't been impressing me yet with quality. Dirt in paint, chips in paint, scratched interior moldings, mislabeled hitch, replacement parts they tried to install at dealership were actually the wrong parts shipped from Ford. Wasted my f&%$$g Saturday morning, only have 450 miles on it and have been back to many times already!!! I've already called my dealership and they directed me to an aftermarket class V hitch. I'm going to call.

WHAT NUMBER DID YOU CALL INTO, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE I'M SPEAKING TO THE SAME PEOPLE YOU ARE?

CigDaze 05-01-2002 08:12 AM

Thanks for the tip!
That sounds like just the ticket. Since I was also told that my truck is rated for 12,500 as is. It was only later, through reading on this board, that I took a closer look at the hitch...It's a damn class III.

Do you have the phone number?

:cool:

Audiofn 05-01-2002 09:52 AM

I called 800 Directry assistance to get the number that I filed the complaint. I am fairly sure that the number was 800 392 3673. This is the number to call if you have complaints about the dealership, or the truck. They will make sure that the problems are ALL solved. I have had very good luck with them so far. My dealer so far has sucked so they have made arrangements for me to go to another dealer :D

Jon

CigDaze 05-01-2002 11:40 AM

Thanks!
:cool:

East Coast B 05-01-2002 11:43 AM

800 392 3673 is the Ford number. Their systems were down, but she was able to tell me that the 99S32 was a good recall number, however couldn't tell me if my truck was covered under this recall. She sent me to my dealer whom I already spoke with, I gave them the recall number to look up... This is getting interesting...

thunderdan 05-01-2002 01:10 PM

I just talked to Ford and was told that this recall was for gas power vechicles and the recall had to do with the fuel system.:( And di not apply to my truck. I am however seeing what if anything they will do about a chitty 5k lb hitch on a f350 with a psd. Why oh why would they put such a whimpy hitch on such a big truck????:rolleyes:

CigDaze 05-01-2002 01:13 PM

Originally posted by thunderdan
Why oh why would they put such a whimpy hitch on such a big truck????:rolleyes:
Only so they can charge you for an upgrade! :rolleyes:

CigDaze 05-01-2002 01:16 PM

East Coast, you're right...

Automotive Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins for 2000 Ford Truck F 350 4WD Super Duty V8-330 5.4L SOHC VIN L SFI.

99S32 NOV 99 Recall - Fuel System Integrity