????????
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
thats not an activator bottom...
A closer look....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It resembles a fountain bottom with the pad and strake layout. The step angles and dimensions are not though. They seem to be activator original
Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Got to witness that spin first hand from a boat just right of the one who shot those great pictures. Happened very quick and at a slower speed than one would have expected. The weather was crap at that time with west winds and seas rolling waves to the north. It was rough anchored on a 50' cruiser, glad to have left my boat on shore.

That turn was the sharpest and shallowest depth of the course where even the larger boats had trouble traversing from the following seas. But that said, I wasn't surprised when he spun since the previous couple laps it was all out of shape and looked like a very unstable hull in those conditions.

-K
Old 07-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess you have to pay to see the naughty forum
Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The boat had electrical issues and the tabs and drives were not where they were supposed to be
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
How many times has that boat spun/rolled?
I rolled it in Key West.It was either come into the turn hot and try to win or get second place.We gambled and lost!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by JCPERF
The boat had electrical issues and the tabs and drives were not where they were supposed to be
That would explain it. I thought maybe you were just hung over from the Muscle party Friday night way it was darting around over there.....

Nice recovery, jumped right back on the gas and gone again like it as a penalty turn.. No one even alerted race control of your spin, or at least we couldn't hear it over Popeyes stuck open mic issues.

-K

Last edited by kidturbo; 07-07-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
That would explain it. I thought maybe you were just hung over from the Muscle party Friday night way it was darting around over there.....

Nice recovery, jumped right back on the gas and gone again like it as a penalty turn.. No one even alerted race control of your spin, or at least we couldn't hear it over Popeyes stuck open mic issues.

-K
I don't think Jeff was throttling this particular situation. I believe he was only talking about Key West. Jeff likes to know his boats inside out and upside down.... its his thang. And lite beer.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Registered

Peter was in the boat with me in Sarasota but Jeff has tested the new bottom with me several times. Nobody but Jeff or Peter can compare how the new bottom runs. In Sarasota we had two problems first electrical problems wich gave the trim tabs a mind of their own and second Peters inability to settle for second

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.