Notices

Smartcraft/Vesselview

Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDFever
Has anyone linked their Vessel View system to the windlass? In the beginning it was supposed to have anchor warning, scope measurment etc..
No, but I did use it to try and save 15% on my insurance!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

System view or Northstar are not now the only option - with Mercmonitor you can plug in any NMEA 2000 compliant GPS - in simple terms this means that all of the touchscreen Garmins will display the engine data on the screens - I doubt it will give you a slip reading, but it will give you all of the fluids levels and temps along with fuel to waypoint information.

Hope that is of interest?

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!

Last edited by cookee; 07-12-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Left the "NOT" out! Sorry for any misunderstanding!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone is interested I can convert old style motors to display this date. I have tested it a bit and it works very well.

Jon
Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
If anyone is interested I can convert old style motors to display this date. I have tested it a bit and it works very well.

Jon

Comment:

Seriously, I do not think this is possible can you explain how this is possible and projected cost. I have several friends that would love to have the Smartcraft/Vesselview unit on their respective older boats.

KAP
Old 07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn

Jon
Jon,

According to Mercury "All Mercruiser MPI (multi-port fuel-injected engines) Sterndrive, Inboard, and Tow Sports models with serial number 0M300000 and higher are compatible with SmartCraft instrumentation systems."

As an example my 2004 350magMPI S/N:0M689xxx, can be converted, that is clear, but are you saying you can get SmartCraft to work on older motors?

Last edited by AppSysCons; 07-12-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I have a Garming 4208. Is there a way to get the data to my Garmin?

I dont have any more dash space, can the Garmin be my monitor?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a race edition and a 5212 in my active thunder and i hooked the garmin to the vesselveiw and it gives it the deep readings and gps speed. Its a awesome peice on equipment..
Attached Thumbnails Smartcraft/Vesselview-98.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I have both (Race View and Vessleview) that will be going in the Swap Shop soon if there is any interest. Both are new units from an employee sale a few years ago, but you will probably have to purchase the plugs/wiring for them. I'll check to see what I have.
Did you ever list these for sale? I might be interested.

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I have a Garming 4208. Is there a way to get the data to my Garmin?

I dont have any more dash space, can the Garmin be my monitor?
Bump for the same question. Thinking my winter project is going to be a new dash. I want to trash all the gauges and start from scratch. Debating between a single screen that can handle GPS and smartcraft info and two screens. Anybody?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
I have vesselview on my 2009 35 Fountain Lightning. I have not played with it too much but find valuable. stbd tach reads about 400rpm off but i just watch the screen and all is ok .......just need to figure out how to change the gauges........my bottom two are voltage and i would like something else obviously, have looked but can't switch them out.
It is great.........

Jay
I have the same problem with my 08-42' 700 boat. Tachs and speedo read different than race view. Which is correct, and is there a fix to bring all together for accuracy?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

The digital smart craft is what everything is tied too, as far as rpm limiters, and warnings. I would put more faith in that being accurate, than the analog gauges.
Be carefull scrolling through the pages that you dont activate this:
Attached Thumbnails Smartcraft/Vesselview-smartcraft%2520error.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.