Notices

Smartcraft/Vesselview

Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Smartcraft

I also have a SC5000 on our 353. The information available to the operator is great. I recently installed a Garmin 740S and learned about displaying engine data. I saw a few questions on previous posts on this. I took the initative to contact Mercruiser Customer Service. I spoke to the Smartcraft guru. To paraphrase what he said....The smartcraft system was originally designed to be a standalone system. It does have the capability to transmit an outbound NMEA signal to any other device. Mercury has seen the light as to the importance of the system to link to others. They have just recently released the MercMonitor device that will link into the original Smartcraft system. The MercMonitor does have NMEA data transmit feature to tie into other NMEA devices. This is what you will need...MercMonitor Gateway Premier Kit level 3 to accomplish the goal.. It will connect directly into an existing Smartcraft junction box. The MSRP of the kit is $1041.67. Oh well.....
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrydet
I also have a SC5000 on our 353. The information available to the operator is great. I recently installed a Garmin 740S and learned about displaying engine data. I saw a few questions on previous posts on this. I took the initative to contact Mercruiser Customer Service. I spoke to the Smartcraft guru. To paraphrase what he said....The smartcraft system was originally designed to be a standalone system. It does have the capability to transmit an outbound NMEA signal to any other device. Mercury has seen the light as to the importance of the system to link to others. They have just recently released the MercMonitor device that will link into the original Smartcraft system. The MercMonitor does have NMEA data transmit feature to tie into other NMEA devices. This is what you will need...MercMonitor Gateway Premier Kit level 3 to accomplish the goal.. It will connect directly into an existing Smartcraft junction box. The MSRP of the kit is $1041.67. Oh well.....
Great information, thanks. Right now, I am thinking of building my own dash with a mercmonitor and a Garmin 720. If there is room for a few more analog gauges, I will add a couple that I want to be able to read at a glance.
I want to be able to display the merc data on the GPS as well as use the mercmonitor scrolling the data. I'm trying to piece together what all I'll need to get it working. This is a good start.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to put in a vessel view system to monitor my single 496. If someone has one for sale please pm me.
thanks,
Mike.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Team Baja do you still have the raceview for sale? I have vessel view and would like to upgrade.