Notices

Smartcraft/Vesselview

Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my boat rigged with twin 250 mercs, and had the race edition installed, and I love it. The information I like having beside the basic rpm, water temp, water pressure, etc is the fuel flow/gph readouts, and trim tab/engine trim read outs, which you can program to pop up anytime you use the trim or tabs. I am still in the process of learning how to use it, but that is part of the fun. If I had one complaint, it would be that with uv sunglasses on, the screen can be a little harder to read, I would make sure that I installed it dead center to the steering wheel and as close as you can, but its defeinitly not a drawback. You can also daisy chain regular gauges off the vesselview, I had psi/water temp put on, just to be able to see the readout in case I had the vesselview screen in a mode were PSI/temp wasnt shown
Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by elvisali
I just had my boat rigged with twin 250 mercs, and had the race edition installed, and I love it. The information I like having beside the basic rpm, water temp, water pressure, etc is the fuel flow/gph readouts, and trim tab/engine trim read outs, which you can program to pop up anytime you use the trim or tabs. I am still in the process of learning how to use it, but that is part of the fun. If I had one complaint, it would be that with uv sunglasses on, the screen can be a little harder to read, I would make sure that I installed it dead center to the steering wheel and as close as you can, but its defeinitly not a drawback. You can also daisy chain regular gauges off the vesselview, I had psi/water temp put on, just to be able to see the readout in case I had the vesselview screen in a mode were PSI/temp wasnt shown
Great Post!

Honestly, hearing from real boaters means more to me... and is the biggest selling point by far for this device... and so far it is an overwhelming A++.

Are you sure dead center is best it would seem to me the best place would be slightly to the port side... if your steering wheel is on the starboard. The rationale is you can hold onto wheel with right hand and hit the buttoms with left hand or vice versa if you feel more comfortable the other way.

I will know more when install time comes around maybe even dead center so passenger can read the screen while driver operates the boat. At this time I am merely speculating will know more as the time gets closer.

Really appreciate the information and feedback.

AppSysCon:

I knew what you meant despite the typo! I think power steering is a must for me I do not like kick back, shimmy or feedback I like one finger turning.

KAP

Last edited by kap328; 07-07-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added content to appsyscon reply
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kap328
AppSysCon:

I knew what you meant despite the typo! I think power steering is a must for me I do not like kick back, shimmy or feedback I like one finger turning.

KAP
What kind of boat and what power?

I have had non-power full hydraulic, 2 hose, like my 308 Skater
full power, full hydraulic helm, 4 hose on my OuterLimits
air pressure assist, full hudraulic, 3 hose (I think), on my A-class race boat
full power, full hydraulic helm, 4 hose, on my B-class raceboat

Each one was exactly the correct on for boat, power and use.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

Well I know how to use a GPS and figuring out a Smartcraft screen cannot be too difficult.

The race model is the one I like----everyone I have talked to has said to get it but wanted to hear from actual users and boaters.

Curious as to why you did not end up using it to it's full potential.

KAP
Sold the boat so did not have much time to use it.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Is it possible to have the vesselveiw race edition and also have analogy gages?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sport
Is it possible to have the vesselveiw race edition and also have analogy gages?
Yes, I have Mercury Racing, SC5000, System View, Race edition, and Livorsi Monster racing, analog guages.

To do analog guages you need an AGI box, for each engine, to convert the digital signals to analog guage acceptable signals.

You also could omit the AGI box, and use the MR SmartCraft guages, but many people, including myself, think they are ugly.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the race view in my twin 525 28 eliminator. I can't figure out how the inches per revolution is used to maximize propeller efficiency. Anyone know how
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

We have Raceview on our Fountain with 700's. Recently, had a problem that I corrected with an IAC control. Screen told me IAC Fault on port motor. Changed the IAC, good as new. Not every problem will be easy to fix, but it gives you real time information about whats going on with your motors. I second putting the screen directly in front of your driving position. Makes it easier to see. You can run one screen and split it port and starbord, or run 1 screen for each motor. I also have analog gauges for a back up. Its interesting to note the difference between digital readings, and the analog gauges. I have one analog tach that is 300 rpm off, when the digital shows rpms even, port motor is 300 rpms higher on the analog tach. Great investment.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered

I have vesselview on my 2009 35 Fountain Lightning. I have not played with it too much but find valuable. stbd tach reads about 400rpm off but i just watch the screen and all is ok .......just need to figure out how to change the gauges........my bottom two are voltage and i would like something else obviously, have looked but can't switch them out.
It is great.........

Jay
Old 07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Yes, I have Mercury Racing, SC5000, System View, Race edition, and Livorsi Monster racing, analog guages.

To do analog guages you need an AGI box, for each engine, to convert the digital signals to analog guage acceptable signals.

You also could omit the AGI box, and use the MR SmartCraft guages, but many people, including myself, think they are ugly.
My boat has Livorsi analog guages and the agi, so would I have to run a new wiring harness to the engine or is there some type of connection already there? My engine is a 600sci.
thanks john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.