Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who makes the best pontoon boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234148-who-makes-best-pontoon-boats.html)

lakeluvr 08-22-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3187794)
lakeluvr what about twin 250s? Or could you do triple 200s?

I'm sure you could. Playcraft has that option, and has done very well at the Shootout with twins. Not sure I've ever seen them with triples, but doesn't mean they don't have them too. If you are wanting to go really fast, and willing to put up with the extra expense, in purchase price then fuel, then twins would be HOT. The point being is that Playcraft makes a helluva boat. Great performance and ride. Engine choice is then a very personal matter.

the bear 08-23-2010 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by lakeluvr (Post 3188049)
I'm sure you could. Playcraft has that option, and has done very well at the Shootout with twins. Not sure I've ever seen them with triples, but doesn't mean they don't have them too. If you are wanting to go really fast, and willing to put up with the extra expense, in purchase price then fuel, then twins would be HOT. The point being is that Playcraft makes a helluva boat. Great performance and ride. Engine choice is then a very personal matter.

I thought someone did trips..... I dont remember but I am sure it could be done.

the bear 08-23-2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3187408)
Is Playcraft married to Merc inboard power? I would love to see what the Ilmor 725/Indy package could do with this hull.

I know on outboards you can get any motor you want, Honda, Susuki, I have even seen Evinrudes on them, so I would think you could do the same on the inboards.

ImaPoser 09-13-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by CcanDo (Post 3154383)
Congratulations on your new boat !

We'll take a couple pictures of the boat on the trailer and post them in the next few days.

Hey! Whatever happened to those photos? Believe it or not, this weekend was the FIRST time I was able to get my pontoon out after the dealer said he was done. I give up with him, he has no clue what he is doing. I dropped it off at a shop down by Cumberland who supposedly has tons of verado experience, and he is going to give it a look over for me. I'd be interested to hear and see more about the mods you did to your boat and trailer. I was tempted to run mine across a scale on the way to the lake. Kind of curious to see how close I am to the max. trailer weight capacity. PM or email if you want to take it out of the performance boat forums. :party-smiley-004:

warrantykiller 09-13-2010 08:39 PM

I have a friend with a 23 foot JC tritoon with a merc 300 and a jackplate that does 61mph. Its nice my wife is trying to get me to buy it and do away with my baja.