another boating death on the Rappahannock last night

Notices

another boating death on the Rappahannock last night

Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default another boating death on the Rappahannock last night

One killed on the Hampton river Sat....another on the Rappahannock last night. COME ON PEOPLE, be more careful!!!!

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12758764
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

It seems that most of these accidents happen at night. I do not drive at night because of all the accidents. Condolences to Amanda Brady's family. Very sad.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
One killed on the Hampton river Sat....another on the Rappahannock last night. COME ON PEOPLE, be more careful!!!!

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12758764
Why run on Plane at night EVER - much less with Children on board.

Very Sad....
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes terrible! Major Black eye for "Charlies Tiki Bar" went there Memorial day place was rockin!......................................Rjr.. ................................
Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They spent enough money on rescue to put lights on all the buoys in Va. and Md. that would have prevented this catastrophe.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Steve Nixon, 38, of Montpelier, was reportedly at the helm of the speedboat at the time of the accident. He is a captain with the Richmond Fire Department.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Steve Nixon, 38, of Montpelier, was reportedly at the helm of the speedboat at the time of the accident. He is a captain with the Richmond Fire Department.
So what? So he should know better?

I'm tired of hearing this emphasized. Police and Firefighters get chastised when they do anything wrong; MUCH worse than the general public.

The bottom line is: ANYONE should know better; and let's forget about the profession. What if they guy brews beer for a living? Shouldn't HE know better? Who gives a flying F?

The article says alcohol was "likely" a factor, but they don't know anything for sure yet.

"Speedboat slams into channel marker" as stated on the news. For cripes sake, it was an open bow Chapparel going 35mph.

I wish we could just concentrate on this great loss to our community rather than casting judgment while just reporting the news.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-07-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Why run on Plane at night EVER - much less with Children on board.

Very Sad....
2 theories on this.

1. off plane you typically get bow rise and cant see well.

2. If running at the lowest planing speed possible your visibility is better.

That said for night running and fog safety I spent the money on a high end radar system so I can actually "see" obstacles on the water miles away even things as small as buoys.

Very sad story, my condolences to the families involved.

Uncle Dave
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sad RIP
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So what? So he should know better?

I'm tired of hearing this emphasized. Police and Firefighters get chastised when they do anything wrong; MUCH worse than the general public.

The bottom line is: ANYONE should know better; and let's forget about the profession. What if they guy brews beer for a living? Shouldn't HE know better? Who gives a flying F?

The article says alcohol was "likely" a factor, but they don't know anything for sure yet.

"Speedboat slams into channel marker" as stated on the news. For cripes sake, it was an open bow Chapparel going 35mph.

I wish we could just concentrate on this great loss to our community rather than casting judgment while just reporting the news.
I just pointed out that he was a fireman. You drew your own judgement. Their job is to serve and protect the public not put the public in danger. If they don't like it they should get another job.

Last edited by Audiofn; 07-07-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Lets not forget people are involved in this tragedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.