Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona >

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Notices

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Old 05-02-2002, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the personal attacks aren't necessary. it defeats the purpose of the board and will deter others from participating.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! Fans and racers are conversing. The board is a good place to keep communication going between fans and racers just like i am doing now. SO please keep up the posts!!
OOO sent my skater internship letter in today. Wish me luck
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

were not to personal yet. i'll stop if it goes that far. just trying to get my point and a whole lotta other's peoples point accross. just seams ashame that people are held so stead fast on going backwards. if people actually for one minute sat down and thought about offshore five years ago and today i think they wouls suprise themselfs.

people expect it to happen overnight but when global things hinder it ( war, trade centers) then it;s hard for any sport to grow. lokk at nascar. see all those empty hoods. this year is a tuff year. and for apba to maintain the same numbers they did last year with losing a few people i think that is impresive and shows the strenght that we now have. tv good, sponsors are good, race sites are good, racing good.

Treadewll
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Actually.................... I work at Ford assembling Thunderbirds..... well maybe not..... But I do run three companies with a combined total of over 500 employees...... which has nothing to do with anything.

Offshore racing collapsed in 1987 with the origination and break off of OPT from APBA. In 1981-1986 over 40 OPEN class boats started the World's in Key West...............Not to mention the 100 other entries in , as I recall, approximately 4 other classes S, M, P and single engine outboard. Millionaires or not, at least they knew how to set up classes in those days. The shaky numbers developed by having 70 boats in 16 classes proves only that if we expand to 40 classes we'll probably see 120 boats.... This is not progress...It's just working with mirrors....and increasing the length of time involved in the spectacularly unattended trophy presentations.

Now, as to the millionaires, ........ Do the names Nemschoff, Fuller, De Santis, Serralles, Mauff, Porter, Ciasulli, Woods, Fountain, Carmody, Jackson, Sgro, Whittier, Porter, Etc, Etc ...... ring a bell?.... Eric.... What non-millionaire sport are YOU watching?
Millionaires are either good or bad for racing. Nemschoff owning a piece of the LLC and subtly creating the rules is bad. Paul Whittier becoming an ace setup man and driver/throttleman in a well funded sensible effort is good. Billy Mauff investing in expensive disposable ultra light innards for his new pseudo-Earnhardt engines is bad. Felix Serralles becoming a world class racer is good.....Shall I continue?

To borrow a phrase from Bubba Clinton...."It's about the TV, stupid." We have been visiting "new and exciting locales" since the beginning, Argentina, New Zealand, Japan, The Riviera, Jacksonville, included. ....Surprise!...This is the second go round at Daytona in the past 10 years........ and the fourth or fifth at Marathon in the past 20...... What is new or better?........ Meanwhile the same "leader" who called Sarasota the "Indy 500 of Boat Racing" just last year.....dumped it , almost simultaneously.

I have no ax to grind with your applause but I do feel you need to understand that you are giving a standing ovation to the reinvention of the wheel, only this one is out of round.

T2x

P.S. BDFree: For any member's credentials check his or her "profile" located below each post.

Last edited by T2x; 05-02-2002 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Boat Girl

T2X- You crack me up

Old 05-02-2002, 03:51 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Awww BG.......... you make me blush...... come to Skaterfest....PLease......pretty please...... I'll say nice things for a week on here if you do.

T2x
Old 05-02-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Dirty old man!
Old 05-02-2002, 04:39 PM
Boat Girl

T2X: AWWW shucks, I'm the one thats blushing now...I would love to come to Skater Fest, it is also my Mom's Birthday, hey, I'll send my Mom in my place and you can take her on her first 100 MPH boat ride...But I think I will be in Ft. Myers...

Old 05-02-2002, 05:34 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

BG: You're going to miss your mom's birthday?????? What a great excuse to come and you're letting it go by.

As far as Ft. Myers....I'll give you the results now....... A bunch of boats will go around an oval.... some will go fast,.... many will break down..... no one will go anywhere near Jason Priestly....and most will win trophies..... There, ....now that that's out of the way...... you can come to Skaterfest.

T2x

PS Too Old: I knew that!
Old 05-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Default A view from the bilge

NASCAR? TELEVISION? PROFESSIONALISM?

For the most part, those of us who crawl around in the mud
filing the splines outa mashed propellor hubs could care less about NASCAR *OR* television.

We do it because we get a vicarious thrill outa booting two or more souls around the racecourse as fast as our creations can go.

Wanna be like NASCAR? GO RACE NASCAR.
Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.
You think boatracing politics are complicated?

Wanna be on TV?
Get ya a rainbow colored afro wig
and a JOHN 3:16 sign,
worked like a charm for Rockin' Roland.

PROFESSIONALS get PAID to show up and do their jobs.
They DON'T pay entry fees.

Cheating...ya know I hear somebody *****ing about it,
it's usually some guy whose large pile of money didn't buy him a checkered flag. Down here at the bottom of the food chain,
we just go back to the shop and work harder.

...and maybe reread the rulebook.

Two things that scare the crap outa me are when a
politician says he's doing something
"for the children",
and when a motorsports participant/sanctioner
uses the words
"for the good of the sport".

'cause they're both LYING.

Quick Reply: Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.