Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona >

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Notices

Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Old 05-01-2002, 10:39 AM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Who made it to both races and which one do you think had a better showing overall? APBA gets my vote! 73 boats 8 Supercats
great party spots. Dry Pits in the middle of the Daytona 500 etc.
If you want fierce competition race APBA! See ya in Marathon!
Old 05-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Jeff

The Super Cat race was really cool. Nice. That is what peeople want to see. The others were just a bunch of boats going around a track like at all the other boat races. The Super Cats should run at least 110 -125 mile races, this way driver skill and engine endurance ( not just flat out from the flag) comes into play. As a racer my first race was in 86 and I think the big boats ran over 135 miles. Just an opinion, don't want to get any thin skinned supporters upset. Great weekend

Old 05-01-2002, 01:41 PM
ScreaminDemon

Angry

you know damn well that this thread will create "fierce" arguments...instead of saying who was better and starting an argument(s), why not just give a hands up to APBA.

Old 05-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Registered

Default Sorry Jeff, I DISAGREE

Jeff,

What are YOU TALKING ABOUT? Have you ever watched an F1, F2, Supercat Light Outboard Race? There is tighter racing and better action in these classes with more boats mixing it up! Geesshhh!
Old 05-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Jeff

Shane I have a 100 mph canopy F-2, not the most exciting racing that I would want to watch. The Super Cats is the best racing I've seen. This new class is it.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

As far as venue Daytona takes it hands down...Miami was my first SBI event. and i heard they had a few problems arrise form US Customs which may or may not have hurt the wet pits spectatorability (huh). anyhow. I hate to comment negatively abotu SBI but APBA seemed very well put together...I guess after Ft Myers in a few weeks I can form a better opinion...

as far as competition between the various classes.... no doubt Super V in Daytona was the best racing I've seen anywhere live..I do love the S-cats..... but any close race no matter what class is what I am there to see....
Old 05-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Boat Girl

HMM...Mike, I wonder why you started this post...But since you asked, and I think we discussed my views...This was my first APBA race, not my first trip to Daytona, Daytona is great if you like dirty beaches and tourist traps, I have never seen so much garbage on a beach, and I am from Jersey...The dry pits were awesome...I liked being at the race track, but I did get an eerie Dale Earnhardt feeling...Wow, is he missed, but back to boats...I thought there was more competition with the smaller boats and the races on Saturday were a little more enjoyable for me...Drambuie pulled out front and never looked back...Ofcourse for those of you at Miami Reverie kinda did the same thing, but I guess it is kinda hard to keep those engines at idle...but as usual in Miami the Super V, Stock and F2 classes did not disappoint, and I am sure that Pier 57 and 902 would have put on a great show if given the chance...Ofcourse, I am used to being on a turn boat watching the action so maybe that is why I did not enjoy watching from the beach...Okay now for the atmosphere, I felt like a stranger in a foreign land, more like an arctic zone...with a few exceptions, Thanks Chris Reindl, it was great to meet you and Josh, also Bob Carter, and some of the SBI regulars, Michel and Serge, Jo, Gary, and my boys from Jersey, Jay, Glenn and Randy...but walking thru the pits nobody even offered a smile when you stopped to appreciate the equipment...I am not down on APBA, I wont give up on it, but I will be in Fort Meyers...maybe I'll catch APBA on a better week in a better venue...And also a big thanks to Shorgasm for being the host with the most...

Old 05-01-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

BG---catch apba on a better week?--are you saying the poeple are not friendly or the organization?--sounds like the same ole sbi/apba who's better bull****
Old 05-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, same 'ole bull****...Never ends...same old story!

And comparing Daytona to Jersey...Come on BG, there's absolutely no comparisson! (This coming from a very happy ex-jersey boy)

Quick Reply: Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.