Scarab 26 Larry Smith

Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The ad says... There was six made and only three still exsist.. what happened to the other three??
Old 08-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowerboatsNW
Really? The boat you bought from me was Frank Sorro's boat. It was the boat you and frank raced before I got it.
100% correct

It sat outside the fountain factory for more then 1 year.
FALSE It was at the Fountain Factory from August to Feb(6 mths), I then picked it up and brought it back to Florida and prepped it to be sold to you

I put it in the water 2 times lost a drive and then sold it back to you for 10k less.
This I dont know, however at least you got two times out of it, I was only able to get 15 minutes out of her before the u-joints grenaded (great service staff you had!!) Rumor got back to me from 3 separate sources that you spun and sunk the boat at SeaFair, a little tidbit you failed to inform me of in my interest in purchasing it. Now keep in mind I said rumor, but from 3 separate people that dont even know each other, hmmmmm then again it did come back 250 lbs heavier than when you recieved it and the transom had a 86% water rate, hmmmm

Now your the victum?
I never said I was the victim( I feel that I learned a valuable lesson and am wiser for it), I only advised this gentleman to get a complete and thorough survey of the boat before he made the purchase, especially with someone of your questionable reputation

This is the first I've even heard you were upset! Can I be upset on this deal also?
This is a complete and blatant lie. You got a call(and for once you picked up the phone) 3 days after my u-joint debacle and you agreed to pay for half of getting the outdrive back to the way you recieved it as that was the way you promised it to me in my purchase. I agreed and felt very happy and thought you were going to stand up and do the right thing and I faxed you the invoices/receipts with a total then broke it in half for you. Your secretary said she recieved the fax and that is the last I have ever heard from you. Multiple phone calls, several emails, several faxes and no response. Hell the quote above although full of crap is your first response in close to 4 years since agreeing to pay for half. Also upon my purchase you sold it to me and I quote "You are getting it the same way Frank gave it to me" You received it with an XZ upper with the 1 1/4 prop shaft(XR) lower. I recieved it from you with a standard Bravo upper and the lower being 1" prop shaft. Now is it coming back to you that you agreed to pay for half of getting it back right? But I am sure being the used car salesman that you are and as by Unsanes post, I am not the only unsatisfied lied to former customer of yours, you will deny it and life goes on.

Its only ballpark $1100.00 dollars that you owe me, I can go thru my records and pull it out and refax it to you if you like. But regardless, its the principle and if anyone ever comes on here asking about purchasing anything you have for sale, I would advise them the same, get a complete survey and dont believe a word that comes out of your mouth.

You can be upset all you want, I care just about as much as you did about customer service and keeping your word 4 years ago at this point.

Good luck in your sale of the Scarab F1, it was a great boat, now that you have gotten your hands on it, they might want to get 2 surveys just to make sure the first one adds up....

Good day Mr Mallich
Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trent, you're getting me cranked up! My boat showed up with more oil in the anti-freeze tank than anti-freeze. Turns out someone slapped 575 headgaskets on the thing. The 2 fluids intermixed and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...And it had a broken piston to boot. More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I got all the warranty work info from Mercury and according to them, they were billed 18k (among other things) to rebuild the left side of the engine, the side that had the broke piston. Plus the XR was grenaded and repaired, but someone forgot to locktite that little allen head bolt holding the shifting mechanism and out it came destroying some of my uppers. (Thank God for Craig Collabella)

I wonder if the person that bought that Ilmor powered 42 knows you guys sheared off one of the No 6's by foolishly running the boat through turn 3 at the Columbia Cup Hydro races (very shallow, rocky bottom) And somehow you never had my cell number as I tried calling the dealer over and over. I seem to remember my father standing right next to you at those races trying to put you on his cell with me at the other end and you refused!!!! (But then again you just got done ripping a No6 drive of a nice boat)
Want more?

Julie from TU had to raise cain to get you guys to send me a prop as the boat was propless when it came! And let's talk about the transport bill that I payed to your salesguy Steve as part of an integrated deal, but when the driver showed up, I got a big bill that I had to pay because they said they were never paid and knew nothing about that. I also seem to remember Colabella mentioning working on a Skater that that someone bought from you that was messed up. Something about there was surface drives put on it.

It took an "outing" on here (never mentioned you by name) to get you to finally call and all you did was blame the headers and call your employees "idiots" (your words, not mine) A Business owner/manager/CEO NEVER EVER calls his employees whether past or present "idiots" to a customer.....EVER (even if he was)

I found little help here, but thought it ironic that some people who were slamming me here were slamming you and your people (especially your mechanics)in private emails. Guess you had something they wanted...

Like Trent, I won't call myself a victim, just someone new at buying these things who actually trusted another human being or two only to find out that trust was misplaced.

I fixed the boat, I sold the boat, I moved on. But I swore to myself that I would do whatever it takes to warn people about your past and to share my experiences and hope they learn the easy way from Trent and me learning the hard way.

BTW: I called the repo man in Sept of 08 about that 32 Activator you used to have. I seem to remember a post where you were setting a "blowout" price of 70k. I was curious on how that math works because according to the repo man, you owed 100k. He told me the bank would take 50k for it and I think it sold for that amount. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...sifieds-4.html see post 39

I also told him to go through that thing with a fine toothed comb and I hope he did.

The Scarab may be screwed up, it may be fine. There's no doubt you love boats as most of us here do as well. But if you go through life applying those used car sales tactics to people it will catch up to you. You have to keep jumping from one poor sapp to another constantly finding new people to screw over. Instead maybe you should try a different approach and maybe you wouldn't have went out of business......even during a tight time.

The silver lining I got out of this was meeting Trent and learning really HOW to drive a 29 Fountain. It was fun out running 31 Sutphens in big seas!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Luuk
Hello!

A good friend of mine is looking at a Scarab 26 LS in the area of Seattle, State Washington. As me, he lives overseas and thats why I now asking if anyone in here knows about the boat and its whereabouts.

And of course the best would be if anyone in here knew the current owner of the boat. And then we get to the big question, how do you pay as safe as possible, so neither my friend or the Scarab owner get scammed. On my mail I got the title on both trailer and boat. But I really wonder if its helps my friend so much?

My friend finally bought the boat mentioned above, so now its in San Diego CA, and will be shipped to Sweden in 2 months.

The seller took all his responsibles and the whole deal was pretty smooth.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Luuk
My friend finally bought the boat mentioned above, so now its in San Diego CA, and will be shipped to Sweden in 2 months.

The seller took all his responsibles and the whole deal was pretty smooth.
Sorry OP this is off topic. But im trying to get a hold of this guy Luuk. I tried PMing him but his inbox is full. Im about to pull the triger on 26'er and I am going have shipped it to Italy.

My questions are how much did it cost to have shipped from SD to Sweden?

What company did you used if you would recommend their service?

Thanks,
Old 04-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VolaticusNavis
Sorry OP this is off topic. But im trying to get a hold of this guy Luuk. I tried PMing him but his inbox is full. Im about to pull the triger on 26'er and I am going have shipped it to Italy.

My questions are how much did it cost to have shipped from SD to Sweden?

What company did you used if you would recommend their service?

Thanks,
I apologize and dont know Luuk or with whom he shipped with, but I would recommend Peters & May. They specialize in specifically international boat transport.

The number here in the USA is 847-437-2389 and ask for Steve or Ryan. Tell them that Trent the Formula guy sent you and they will hook you up.

Good luck in your search