Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's Finally over!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23461-its-finally-over.html)

ROADHOG 05-01-2002 01:31 PM

It's Finally over!!

Well it's finally over. My boat made it back from AZ yesterday after a long and drawn out repair process. Although there are many issues that did not get fully resolved I do feel I got the best deal that was available, without a long and costly litigation. In all fairness the boat did come back to MI in better condition than it left. Not a good as I would have liked it too, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and run. It's hard to get eveything that you want when there is such a large gap between the customer and builder's idea of what QUALITY should be in a $150,000.00 plus dollar BOAT.

If anyone would like to inspect my BOAT and give me their unbias opinion as to the quality of repairs and overall opinion on the quality of the boat my Wife and I will be attending the Smoke on the Water Poker Run in Grand Haven, MI. in June and the 1000 Island Poker Run in August. I should not be hard to find I will be the one with my HOOD SCOOPS mounted on top of my Vinyl on the engine hatch. OOPPS a DIG !!

Let's go Boating!!

ROADHOG 05-01-2002 04:14 PM

NO!!!!

The next boat I purchase will be a used one. The last 2 new boats that I have bought have been nothing but NIGHTMARE'S. Why should someone pay good money for something and get treated like a SCHMUCK!!!

ROADHOG 05-01-2002 05:01 PM

Troutly,

I don't know if any boat builder is exempt from complications. I have a friend that was trying to up grade to a 38' Formula and was getting nothing bu the run a round. The biggest problem was that he wanted to ge a fair trade in value for his 2000 35' Formula with Myco trailer and HP 500 EFI'S and the dealers here in Michigan were treating him like he had AIDS. Now someone tell me why anyone would want to spend more than a QUARTER of a MILLINON DOLLARS for a peice of plastic when the builder or dealer network will supply no support on a customer,s trade in.

Sean 05-01-2002 05:53 PM

DragNAss,

I'm new to your plight, but can you tell what boat you recently purchased that has given you thes headaches? What was the other boat?

ROADHOG 05-01-2002 06:19 PM

Sean,

I believe we have a mutual friend, I only know him from the WEB site plus we bought our boats from the same dealer his name is Steve. To answer your question, This Boat was a NORDIC and the other boat was a 1997 32' Active Thunder.

2 Totally different boats but just about the same problems. The only difference now is that I would by another Active Thunder but would never consider buying another NORDIC.

Curt 05-01-2002 09:08 PM

I missed the problem; what was wrong with the boat?