Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi The Only Place To Race! >

Sbi The Only Place To Race!

Notices

Sbi The Only Place To Race!

Old 05-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll gives you guys a little hint...........we have a new forum for this kind of thing.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Differant strokes for differant folks.But rest tonite they will never join forces.Randy
Old 05-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

My previous post may have been misunderstood.
I said I thought Pacific Offshore was not a part of APBA "Offshore"LLC, however I belive they are members of APBA as are other racing org like Great Lakes Silver cup etc. Didnt Mike Allwess and co. obtain the rights to "Offshore" and are now acting as an independent promoter??? and pay some kind of royalty to APBA??
A fellow OSO member brought this up to me. and I thank him

Dan
Old 05-01-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

T2X, Right on. Offshore racing could be huge, but its kind of like the IRL and CART. The EGO's (or whatever) get in the way of making something great that would draw crowds (at the race venue and on TV). But they would rather set up their own races (within a few miles of one another) and prove that they can draw bigger crowds. Evidently they are both making enough money to maintain the current arrangement (or their personal lifestyles) to the detriment of the sport.

Its difficult to follow both programs as media coverage is limited and mixed at best. If there was one sanctioning body, I suspect the coverage would improve drastically. If that would happen, sponsership money would follow.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toe's. It's just I really enjoy offshore powerboat racing and would like to see it realize its potential and with two sanctioning bodies, that will not happen.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 05-01-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:02 AM
ocmdeals

It is true that the SBI turn outs are not as great as APBA. That's why i'm encouraging racers of other organisations to give SBI a try. One of the reasons why the turn outs aren't so great is APBA frowns on any member that races SBI. I think that's rediculas! As for the quality of boats in SBI. This year PIER 57 is racing SBI exclusivly. Reggie fountain supports and races SBI and most of the Supercat light class has mover from APBA to SBI. SBI is really pushing for media coverage. Each and every race airs on the OUTDOOR LIFE NETWORK. That is great for sponsership issues. Another thing is SBI gives equal air time and consideration to the other classes other than Super Cat. If you watch any of the APBA races on tv all they focus on is the Big Boys. I race Supercat light and I too would like some coverage. It's a heck of a lot easier getting a company to come up with Sponsership money if you can gaurentee them their name will be seen on TV when the race is aired. and it will if you race SBI. All i'm saying is I've raced both organisations and SBI appreciates every team that attends, not just the Mega rich guys!

Old 05-02-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

I did not know that OLN carriied SBI. What is the schedule for airing the races ?
Old 05-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Smittymarine

BDfree, I did not realize you were that far from the Northeast. However if you want to travel,and race with us, I will travel travel and race with you.

Old 05-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ocmdeals,

don't know were youv been but carbonnell has announced publicy many times that the favtory classes mean nothing to him. thats why many of us won't race for him anymore.

as for outdoor life woopie. don't mean ****. plus carbonnel has always focused on the supercats. watch any tv latley.

at least apba has fox. we will have four hours of racing per event. one hour on two classes. seems better to me. now thats giving everbody a chance. plus tell a sponsor your on fox your in. tell a sposor your on outdoor lif there gonna laugh. been there done that.

Treadwell