Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi The Only Place To Race! >

Sbi The Only Place To Race!

Notices

Sbi The Only Place To Race!

Old 05-01-2002, 01:37 PM
ocmdeals

Thumbs up Sbi The Only Place To Race!

I WANT TO THANK JOHN CARBONELL AND THE STAFF OF SBI FOR HELPING MAKE MY CHILDHOOD DREAM A REALITY. SINCE I WAS 10 YEARS OLD AND MY DAD RACED AGAINST BETTY COOK, ROCKY AND ALL OF THE OTHER LEGENDS IT HAS BEEN MY DREAM TO RACE OFFSHORE. LAST YEAR WAS MY ROOKIE YEAR IN APBA AND SBI. LAST WEEK I RACED IN MIAMI WTH SBI. IT WAS AN INCREDIBLE WEEKEND! I WANT TO COMMEND JOHN CARBONELL FOR THE 2001 RACE VENUE HE HAS PUT TOGETHER. SBI NOW HAS ALL OF THE KEY RACE SITES AS WELL AS THE BEST MEDIA COVERAGE. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE THAT RACES APBA EXCLUSIVLY GIVE SBI A TRY. THEY ARE BY FAR, IN MY OPINION THE BEST RACE ORGANISATION THERE IS! RACING SHOULD BE FUN NOT WORK, ESPECIALLY WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE HAVE TO SPEND TO DO IT!

Old 05-01-2002, 03:34 PM
BDFREE

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO AN SBI RACE SO I CAN NOT COMMENT ON THEM. BUT THEY SCHOULD CHANGE IT TO SUPER BOAT FLORIDA. IF YOU LIVE OUT WEST OR UP NORTH THE COST OF TRAVEL WOULD KILL YOU. AT LEAST APBA HAS DIFFERENT DIVISIONS TO RACE OTHER THAN THE NATIONAL SERIES.MOST OF SBI RACES ARE IN FLORIDA.IN APBA YOU CAN RACE YOUR DIVISIONAL RACES AND RACE THE NATIONAL WHEN THEY COME TO TOWN. AS LONG AS YOU LIKE AND LIVE CLOSE TO SBI I WISH YOU LUCK.

Old 05-01-2002, 03:56 PM
plumbgirl87

As far as the number of boats in attendance - QUALITY not Quantity.

Since when did APBA start having national events out West? As far as I am aware Corpus Cristi is the closest race to the west coast and isnt' that questionable?

Old 05-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by plumbgirl87
As far as the number of boats in attendance - QUALITY not Quantity.

Since when did APBA start having national events out West? As far as I am aware Corpus Cristi is the closest race to the west coast and isnt' that questionable?
POPRA(divisional)

APBA used to have a California national event up until a few years ago and probably will again starting in 2003...Maybe even Barbados.
Old 05-01-2002, 04:54 PM
BDFREE

IAM SORRY I WAS SPEAKING FOR MYSELF IN THE GREAT LAKES.CLEVLAND AND CANADA.APBA DOES HAVE DIVISIONAL RACES OUT WEST . WHEN DID SBI THINK ABOUT BOATERS FROM THE NORTH OR WEST. BUT I RESPECT YOUR OPINION.AND IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH SBI THATS GREAT.

Old 05-01-2002, 04:55 PM
Smittymarine

BDFREE I dont know where you are located, We are in the north east and race with SBI. The northeast Divisional races are Sanctioned by SBI, we race under OPA. This year we have four races in the northeast, one in North Carolina, as well as the rest of the SBI schedule. Check the SBI site and look under divsional racing.

Old 05-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would also like to thank John and his staff for allowing OSO to be one of the pace boats in the Miami race. The people at SBI were extremely friendly and accomodated us in ever way possible. We look forward to attending another race this season.

OSO
Old 05-01-2002, 05:30 PM
BDFREE

SMITTY THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT THAT STILL OVER 950 MILES.WHEN I CAN RACE ON THE GREAT LAKES ONLY 200-300 MILES.DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY F2 SHOW IN CASE WE THINK ABOUT IT. WE NORMALLY AVERAGE 10-12 F2 PER RACE HERE IN OUR DIVISION ALONE. REMEMBER I AM NOT SBI BASHING. JUST GIVING MY OPINION.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not belive POPBRA is affileated with the APBA "Offshore" LLC group. They dont pay fees to the LLC. I understand LLC is trying to promote a west coast event, but its not part of POPBRA. schedule.
The POPBRA guys are a great bunch of guys, who race for the fun of it...dont give out big prizes but have lots of fun.
I may be wrong if so please correct me.
Dan
Old 05-01-2002, 06:37 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

As long as there are two sanctioning bodies the overall sport will be divided and no event can honestly claim World or National championship status....... More like National championship of guys with the same race organization decal as me.

What this has disintegrated into is an endless war of words that started in 1987 when OPT was formed.....15 ...count 'em .....FIFTEEN wasted years ago.

Meanwhile the opposing sides have developed "fans"..... who haven't experienced the other group, seen a real boat race, nor looked back at what the sport was before the "split". Put your silly "loyalties" back in the basement and wake up to the fact that without a single, unified organization......Offshore will always be playing in the sand (somewhat dirty in Daytona per BG). We have managed to take a marvelous sport with wonderful excitement and turn it into a bad remake (with corporate types wearing the dreaded monogrammed golf shirt) of Westside Story....... When you're a Jet..... This "crips' and "bloods" mindset is bad enough when played out by adolescent ignorami...but when professional adults adopt this "me ,mine and us against them" B.S. it is downright sickening.

If you REALLY care about your sport...... put your pressure (whining) on both groups to unify and quit their self serving crap. If that can't be done with current "leadership"( and I use the term loosely) ...than get new leadership.... real leadership..... For specific examples look in the encyclopedia under ...David, Steve......While you're at it look up competition...... as in many boats in VERY few classes capable of winning on an even playing field. There are other topics that will be helpful in your search as well...like integrity, honesty, and team building.

While your doing this, I'll be having a non political/not for profit ball at Skaterfest with the other "obsolete" folks.

T2x................

Quick Reply: Sbi The Only Place To Race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.