Notices

Boat crash at Lake Mead

Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
gotta love them jetski,s and the morons who drive them like idiots.it looks like 4 out of 5 boating accidents involve a jetski.usualy young kids driving them and they dont look where they are going,a friend of mine got hit by one last week,the driver was 13 years old,he let of the throttle,and ran straight into the side of his boat.

I have sen your boat out on the KKK river alot...if you are talking about a red 226 baja judging by the date of your post.... i was on the boat...not fun experence
Old 12-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
A hot blond and a cool truck. u can't beat that combo

Old 12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I can't believe everyone on the boat survived, including the boat for the most part? That looks like it should have been the most terrible wreck possible, going into a rock wall?

I didn't see an article posted with any details, but I assume & hope everyone lived?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
A hot blond and a cool truck. ust can't beat that combo
thats what I had in the early 80s true blondie and a stepside shortie red with monster mudders and it was fast at the races= mud/sand/ice.. also towed the boat in 90 with it. it sounds like the boat spun out and threw everyone in the water then went on its own in to the rocks.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 12-31-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat

My wife still gives me a dirty look when I put it on, as if I am planning some Colt Seavers-type stunt actions with the kids on board. Someday she will understand, but hopefully not through a personal experience.
When the water kicks up on the Great Lakes I'll stop and put the cells, vhf, and gps in my orange water tight emergency kit with the flares and stuff. Anyone not already vested up also must now do so. Lotsa fun trying to convince my guests that it's just a precaution, like a seat belt...At least they start using the grab bars.