Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Horseshoes Up My AZZ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234923-horseshoes-up-my-azz.html)

Catastrophe 07-17-2010 11:19 PM

Horseshoes Up My AZZ

Woke up at 5 Saturday morning and did my routine of looking out the window to check my boats.

The Nortech is in a slip and the Sea Ray is on a mooring ball.
Blinked twice and realized the Sea Ray was missing. WTF.
Its been moored like that for 3 years here.

Ran down to the dock and looked down the shoreline and there it is nosed in sitting in 2 ft. of water up against my neighbours property.
The main line coming off the ball had given way.

The local marina came over with a 30 ft. runabout and yanked it off the beach which is stoney, took it to their travel lift and inspected it. 4 square inches of bottom paint missing. Zero damage to anything!!!!!!!!

Felt pretty good so I take a buddy 4 miles up the lake in the Nortech this afternoon to throw some fuel in the boat so we can boat on Sunday.

I;m reaching for my wallet and PHUCK its not in my back pocket. My pal pays for the fuel and we go back home.
I retraced my steps for 2 hours trying to figure out where my wallet went to no avail.

Finally we decided to drive in the car around to the fuel dock to look around.
We walked to the end of the dock where I fueled, looked down and voila , there was my wallet in 6 ft of water.

If I dont get hit by lightening in the next few minutes, this will have been one of my luckiest days.:lolhit::lolhit:

firehawkcat 07-17-2010 11:27 PM

least you didnt lose the boat or wallet just had to get wet to get them both back not to bad of day in my book

frankenstein 07-18-2010 01:55 AM

It's not luck, good things happen to good people. Sometimes it just takes a little longer than hoped.

plumbers crack 07-18-2010 07:09 AM

Where do you boat, you could see down 6 feet into the water?

If we could see in the water in NY there would be less cold cases lol.

jdub 07-18-2010 07:23 AM

I know the feeling. I bet your heart stopped for a few seconds when you relized the Sea Ray wasn't there. I had a Jet Ski missing one morning, thought it got stolen. An hour or so later I got a call from the marine police telling me to come pick up my ski. It broke lose in the middle of the night, floated out to the channel, and a passing tug boat hooked it up and towed it to the marine police station. Couple scratches but otherwise fine. Being that it was only a ski I didn't get to excited....but a boat, man you must of had a mini panic attack :lolhit:

GLH 07-18-2010 07:28 AM

"Sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you!!!"

You had a good meal!

Catastrophe 07-18-2010 07:34 AM

Here Is A Household Tip

1 Attachment(s)
When you are drying out your wallet....let it air dry completely.....dont be impatient and try and get that last bit of dampness out of it by putting it in the microwave for 3 seconds:lolhit::lolhit::lolhit:

VtSteve 07-18-2010 07:39 AM

Sounds like the Bear finally got his teeth into you. First time I had my boat on a mooring, I think I looked out a dozen times.

Have a good day of boating now.

Catastrophe 07-18-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by plumbers crack (Post 3161565)
Where do you boat, you could see down 6 feet into the water?

If we could see in the water in NY there would be less cold cases lol.

15 years ago Lake Simcoe was as you say. Zebra Muscles got in here and have cleaned up the lake so much that the light gets further and further down.
What it has caused is that weeds are growing more and more and coming to the surface.
Thankfully because of boat traffic going in and out of the fuel dock the weeds have been blown away and my wallet was sitting on a patch of pure sand.
It was windy when I left the fuel dock so I had to back out and my props didnt disturb the bottom.
I was also lucky I was the last customer of the day and no other boats pushed my wallet under the dock.

In areas where no weeds grow we can see 20 ft down on a sunny day.

Catastrophe 07-18-2010 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 3161579)
Sounds like the Bear finally got his teeth into you. First time I had my boat on a mooring, I think I looked out a dozen times.

Have a good day of boating now.

Thanks pal.

We back to normal.