need answers to "how much does your boat cost?" >

need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Notices

need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Old 05-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell them this. Listen hear you cheap trailer trash wanabee. To be a dope dealer you must qualify.... You can't get hi off your own supply.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:01 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

"How much does you're boat cost?" I don't know, my wife pays for it! Seriously!! I Love this woman! And she wants to step up in a few years! I do know what the payment is but then again ....if you have too ask then you can't afford it. It is worth it hell it's better than drugs and a hell of a lot cheaper! Hence the nameR'ADDICTION
Old 05-04-2002, 07:22 AM
ck54
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does your boat cost?

I think some of the people that have responded to the question are even out of touch. Try and buy a new 35 Cigarette TS for $250K. I just took delivery of one with a few extras, you better add another $75K.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

My biggest problem is the people that work for me, it never fails--i'll have to do something to one of my toys and during the day they'll walk by and look and some have asked 'how much' always just kinda try to laugh it off. But the worst is when the next day/week they come and ask for a raise, makes it kinda tough. O and i can relate on the father thing--he just shakes his head, and says glad it's not my money, still doesn't have a clue what things cost. Usually what i say about anything i ownwhether it's payed or mortgaged is that i'm doing it for the bank. the way i figure if you've got one mortgage/loan it kinda covers everything. No if i can ever get ''finance free''
Old 05-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

For those of you that don't know me, I'm a Funeral Director in a small town in Kansas just about 15 miles west of Kansas City.

I'm 29 and have had a couple of large boat's (Large for this area). Right now, I'm partner's on a 1987 33ft Fountain, so when people ask me "How much" I say $416.00 a month. Then they usually ask for how long, then I tell them it quaitfies as a second home so you can strech the payments out.

The problem I have is that from time to time I would keep the boat here in the garage at the funeral home and move the boat out to the back parking lot during services, but we started to get the response "This must be why a Funeral cost so much" from people when they saw it. Now I have to "Hide" it at my partner's used Car Lot on the day's we have services.

Sometimes people that know me or my family will ask about the boat at visitations and then say "Boy it must be nice" My brother use to say before I got married "I have a wife and two kids and a house, he is single, lives here at the Funeral Home and has the boat"

Now I'm married, own a Duplex live in one side rent out the other, have a Harley, Fountain and my wife drives a new car.
But the Harley is a couple years old, the Fountain I only own half, She helps pay for the "New" car, and I drive a $1,700.00 peice of **** truck from home to work.

Moral of the Story- Creative Financing and to hell with everyone who talks about someone else!!!!!
Old 05-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My girl friend used to back my old 40' formula in with me in it and would also pull me out . The scary thing was when she took off down the road to park the trailer and backed into the parking lot ! I was holding my breath ,but she had it perfectly straight and even parked it to get back out easily ! What a women . Can't get her to trailer the cat though ! (12' wide ) !

As for the price thing ,I used a new one on someone .
THey asked "how much "? I said "which one ,I have 3 !! "
Of course the other 2 are realy nothing to brag on but it gets some strange looks when you say it !
Old 05-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Cheesh! I love the "ice pick in the face" thing. Still giggling over it. *Stab!* *Stab!* *Stab!* I'm cracking myself up over it right now...

I use some of the "indirect" replies I have already seen listed.

* 'Bout 4 grand a foot...

* 'Bout $200 a day, just for gas.

* Motors'd cost about 20 thou apiece new.

or

* I dunno. It was a Valentine's Day present.

doesn't really deserve a direct answer unless it is of genuine interest, and then I'd happily sit and talk boats with them as long as they wanted...

M
Old 05-05-2002, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Troutly, thats a good one!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 07:30 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a good one!
Old 05-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

Troutly, your crazy!!!!
Hope to see ya at the Ozarks on Mem. Day!!!
Tell the better half hello from Carrie and I!!!!

Quick Reply: need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.