Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
deadliest catch and phil harris >

deadliest catch and phil harris

Notices

deadliest catch and phil harris

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was a wild guy! The best was when they switch the two Jakes ! Phil - put him in a survival suit ,dump a pot ,hook him to it then back up and I'll get him. I would of been like WHAT!! RIP
Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The funniest part of the series was when the Northwestern guys pulled one of Phil's pots and replaced it with an old P.O.S. truck when they heard Phil wanted to get a new truck.

These guys are the salt of the earth. They are a very close tight-knit bunch. My grandfather was a commercial fisherman on the western basin of Lake Erie. He died of skin cancer in 1964 when I was 3 years old. About 5 years ago, I was out for a drive along the lake on a cold Sunday morning in February. I saw on old-timer seining for minnows in an opening in the ice out at Mienke's Marina. Something made me get out of the car to go talk with him. After a brief conversation, he asked who my grandfather was. He still remembered him more than 40 years later. It was a very cool and unexpected encounter.

Just before Phil had his stroke, I took care of a patient in the ER out here in Las Vegas who was from Dutch Harbor, Alaska. She knew these people personally, and in particular one of Phil's sons. I told her of my grandfather and how much I enjoyed the show. I also gave her my personal business card to give to Phil's son, and told her that if there was ever anything I could do for any of them to give me a call. Another strange premonition ...
Old 08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
4FX
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll tell you all how it is for real next spring!! I'm leaving Oct.4 this year to make the King Crab seaon which starts Oct. 15 I've already done/gone through many interviews this summer and now have a tough decision of what boat to choose. Some of thte boats on DC aren't even close to being the top $$$$ makers for each season of crab being fished. F/V Time Bandit is one of the boats that's on my list but in the middle of the money which is what it's all about.

And of course R.I.P. Capt. Phill Harris