Notices

F'n ethanol

Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default F'n ethanol

This crap is just BAD!!!!!

Luckily it's not the boat that's the problem. I've got a 10 year old leaf blower that I rarely use and it has been a bit(h to keep running this summer. Finally it would start for 2-3 seconds and cut off REPEATEDLY.

Felt certain it was fuel issues so I cleaned the carb/air filter, etc with no success. Seemed like an air leak and inspected the little primer bulb very hard......finally tore the entire unit apart to find the fuel line running inside the tank has deteriorated terribly where it sits in a stabilized fuel tank. It's letting air into the line (even inside the tank) which breaks the vacuum and no more fuel is pulled.

This crap is gonna cost me $200 for another one because of $.50 of fuel line that is part of the dam fuel tank!!!!

If you have any of these older engines DON'T STORE THEM WITH FUEL IN THE TANK.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

amen.....i hate it...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blame it on the eth eth eth ethanolllll, blame it on the eth eth eth eth ethanolllllllllll.......................
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
This crap is just BAD!!!!!

Luckily it's not the boat that's the problem. I've got a 10 year old leaf blower that I rarely use and it has been a bit(h to keep running this summer. Finally it would start for 2-3 seconds and cut off REPEATEDLY.

Felt certain it was fuel issues so I cleaned the carb/air filter, etc with no success. Seemed like an air leak and inspected the little primer bulb very hard......finally tore the entire unit apart to find the fuel line running inside the tank has deteriorated terribly where it sits in a stabilized fuel tank. It's letting air into the line (even inside the tank) which breaks the vacuum and no more fuel is pulled.

This crap is gonna cost me $200 for another one because of $.50 of fuel line that is part of the dam fuel tank!!!!

If you have any of these older engines DON'T STORE THEM WITH FUEL IN THE TANK.
STABIL makes a new fuel stabilizer for marine (or lawn equipment use) that is blue instead of red. it removes the ethanol from the fuel to prevent stuff like this from happening. you also use it as an additive to the fuel when you fill up to help further protect the engine and components. makes my boat run a little smoother when i add it to the tank
Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, i had to replace the fuel line in the tank of my weedeater last fall and it was kind of a pain in the arse. But, it works well again and weedeater had the parts to me in no time.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
STABIL makes a new fuel stabilizer for marine (or lawn equipment use) that is blue instead of red. it removes the ethanol from the fuel to prevent stuff like this from happening. you also use it as an additive to the fuel when you fill up to help further protect the engine and components. makes my boat run a little smoother when i add it to the tank
You need to do a little more research. I do use the green Stabil and it does NOT remove ethanol. It does help keep the fuel fresh but the ethanol will dissolve older rubber just as quickly as it would without Stabil.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The squirels ate the vent screw off the fuel tank of my riding lawn mower. You think it was because of the ethanol? Or are they just getting into sniffing gas? Either way, it is funny.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a new product from AMSOIL, give it a shot! I've heard nothing but rave reviews!

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aqs.aspx
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

I use seafoam no problems so far.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I use seafoam no problems so far.
Your boat hasn't been in the water in 2 years. Of course you aren't having any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.