Notices

F'n ethanol

Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had the same things happen to my trimmer and blower for the yard , fyi the govt thinks this is a really great idea to blend ethanol and fuel which is stupid . cause there is no up side nothing runs as well as straight fuel no matter the octane level . e 85 cars are an absolute joke and half of all fuel pressure regulators fail cause of ethanol . the best part is we the tax payers pay for this by giving farmers more money for corn crop that will be used for creation of ethanol rather then food . stupid govt !
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by money455
fyi the govt thinks this is a really great idea to blend ethanol and fuel which is stupid .
Just like using corn to make sugar! High-fructose corn syrup is the worst thing in the world we can put in out bodies!!! Net Flix this documentary, it talks all about corn. http://www.kingcorn.net/

I just literally threw my Ryobi across our driveway last week because of fuel leaking and it not running right! I guess I can blame it on the fuel as well. I went with the Stihl, I am done with the Home Depot and Lowes crap power equipment! At least now if something happens to this unit there are several locations around my house that has the parts and/or can work on them!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

two marinas on my lake still get non ethonal gas for a extra .12 a gallon. Well worth it. Only issue is i like to run 93 and its only on the lake in two spots and they both have the ethonal blend. The marina that have ethonal gas seem to be astounded the other can get the non.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Caincando1
I just replaced the fuel lines on my gas Homelite SX-135 string trimmer last weekend. The lines deteriorated and failed. It cost me a couple bucks and 10 minutes to replace them. The trimmer is at least a dozen years old and has been run on ethanol blended gas pretty much it whole life. Minnesota has had ethanol blended gas for better than 10 years now. If it was the ethanol that ruined the lines, it took a damn long time to do it.
We've had ethanol for 3+ years. Mine was simply not running right...had to completely dis-assemble the entire unit to get the gas tank out (My Stihl trimmer has the tank externally mounted, not this POS). The fuel line section that sat in the tank just cracks and splits with any contact now that it is out. I'm expecting replaciong those lines will fix it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few high end Stihl chain saws. My Stihl dealer told me to not use any ethanol fuel more than 30 days old. Doug
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyB
We are having nothing but problems with it at our shop. I at least get 2 boats in a day with problems from ethanol.
About the only complaints I ever hear about are with older boats. Have you seen a patter at all?

Older boats
Carb vs injected?
spring bad/summer not too bad
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
About the only complaints I ever hear about are with older boats. Have you seen a patter at all?

Older boats
Carb vs injected?
spring bad/summer not too bad
A few carbed inboard boats. Not any fuel injected i/o boats. But alot of outboards with both. We are a Honda and Yamaha dealer and see alot out of both.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobbyB
A few carbed inboard boats. Not any fuel injected i/o boats. But alot of outboards with both. We are a Honda and Yamaha dealer and see alot out of both.
Thats why I buy all my gas for the CC with a yammi, at Colonial Beach, non ethanol 89 octane. Yea....its a little more exspensive, but worth it in the long run.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by outriggers
I have a few high end Stihl chain saws. My Stihl dealer told me to not use any ethanol fuel more than 30 days old. Doug
+1
I am in the grass cutting business and I have had brand new machines that wouldn't idle after a week of use because of crap fuel. My dealer told me to make sure I am using 93 and he gave me a list of stations that have fuel without ethanol. I now use only non-ethanol 93 and have no issues.

I had a fuel issue with the apache this spring and 2 gallons of sea foam and several water seperating filters took care of it.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 PM
good2go38
VIP Member

Default E-gas

Russ, I have been using the Startron additive for over 3 years. No problem with with any of my equipment. I am testing an additive from Bell Additives out of Florida. I had alot of trouble with my equipment before I started using the additives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.