Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kerry avoids paying sales tax on new yacht (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/235359-kerry-avoids-paying-sales-tax-new-yacht.html)

BL6 07-23-2010 09:59 AM

Kerry avoids paying sales tax on new yacht

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside...icleid=1269698

I didn't like it but I paid 6% Mich tax on my boat.

Rattlesnake Jake 07-23-2010 10:09 AM

Typical John Kerry move. :angry-smiley-038:

I hear he invites Barney Frank on board when his wife isn't around..:kiss::evilb::evilb:

jayboat 07-23-2010 10:25 AM

Doesn't Delaware have especially favorable tax laws for corporations that are chartered there, regardless of whether they are actually from there?

Kerry is just another rich phucker who can afford accountants that can help him find, and take advantage of 'legal' tax dodges.

Seems like a non-story and bit of a reach, considering all the shenanigans that are pulled every day in this country by the weathy (see: Sachs, Goldman).

We wouldn't even be hearing about it if he wasn't a politician.

just sayin'...

Big Time 07-23-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3166234)
Doesn't Delaware have especially favorable tax laws for corporations that are chartered there, regardless of whether they are actually from there?

Kerry is just another rich phucker who can afford accountants that can help him find, and take advantage of 'legal' tax dodges.

Seems like a non-story and bit of a reach, considering all the shenanigans that are pulled every day in this country by the weathy (see: Sachs, Goldman).

We wouldn't even be hearing about it if he wasn't a politician.

just sayin'...

True, but just another instance of a politician saying one thing (raise taxes) but doing the other (avoiding taxes). Regardless of what your political stance you take, nothing should pizz you off more then a person elected to office saying one thing, but doing another.

jayboat 07-23-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 3166239)
True, but just another instance of a politician saying one thing (raise taxes) but doing the other (avoiding taxes). Regardless of what your political stance you take, nothing should pizz you off more then a person elected to office saying one thing, but doing another.

Even worse, when they do another, but say that they aren't (see: Republicans, all).

sorry, couldn't help myself. :evilb:

Griff 07-23-2010 11:35 AM

He did the same thing that any one of us would do.

DoTheMath 07-23-2010 11:43 AM

Yeah, but the difference is he is a Senator in a state that could use the tax revenue that he just dodged, sort of a "lead by example" scenario... blown! The boat is owned by an LLC out of PA that is part of his wifes (Heinz foods) holdings. His spokesperson claims it is in Newport for "long term maintenance and charter purposes" - it's brand new, aside of a hose, brush and some soap, how much maintenance can it need!? Azz-bag democrat! :angry-smiley-038:

Big Time 07-23-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3166248)
Even worse, when they do another, but say that they aren't (see: Republicans, all).

sorry, couldn't help myself. :evilb:

We all knew it was coming! :angry-smiley-038:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 3166301)
He did the same thing that any one of us would do.

For the most part I agree (Although I have always paid the full amount of taxes on all the boats that I have purchased, even though there are ways around that). There is just something that rubs me the wrong way about a politician with an ungodly amount of money (between him and his wife) supporting legislation to raise taxes, but then pulling the ol' switcharoo to avoid paying them (full amount). "Do as I say, not as I do" I guess. :mad:

Ted G 07-23-2010 12:32 PM

This is why all the limousine liberals are more than happy to support raising taxes. Because they can afford to dodge them. I couldn't/didn't incorporate either of my boats and paid state tax on both of them. It is all the "little" people that bear the burden of their grand tax and spend schemes. :angry-smiley-038:

AppSysCons 07-23-2010 01:25 PM

I paid the sales tax on my boat

why doesn't that slimy democ.....rat