Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "wind away" or similar product... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23548-wind-away-similar-product.html)

dreamer 05-02-2002 05:16 PM

"wind away" or similar product...

in the the back of the boating mags i saw a winddeflector advertised... anyone w/ any info on this product or similar one... my windscreen is low and i'm 6-2... any ideas as always are appreciated... ted

Pure Energy 05-02-2002 05:29 PM

I have Windaway and they work well. I also had Windfoiler, it too worked well but harder to assemble.

mxz800 05-03-2002 12:02 AM

those things are AWSOME!! i love mine. cant say enuff good about them. when it gets cool out i put them on first timers laugh until they see what a HUGE difference they make!

Indy 05-03-2002 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Those things work great. Best accessory purchase I've made (The Box Anchor is second). Well worth the money. Make sure your order the storage bags or have a something soft to store them in because they scratch rather easily. Very easy to take on and off too.

Dave M 05-03-2002 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is the angle of the glass adjustable? The lip on my fairing is perpindicular to my dash. I was wondering if they would work and look OK?

Shane 05-03-2002 08:15 AM

I have a 24 Skater and it has the thin sheet metal windscreen with the foam molding. Will it work on this application? Been looking for them for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane:cool:

checkmate981 05-03-2002 08:31 AM

Windaways work great.Dave M, the angle is not adjustable but I think they came with two different angles brackets .Shane ,they should work.Give them a call.Windaway phone#(845)340-4342.
Dave

Shane 05-03-2002 08:35 AM

Thanks Dave!

formula31 05-03-2002 08:51 AM

I want one too. Think they will give us a quantity OSO discount?

Indy 05-03-2002 08:52 AM

Dave M...Like Chec981 said, there are a few different angles that can be used. They say that it cannot be used on anything thicker than 1", I can't tell the thickness of your fairing from that pic. I also suspect that they could be modified with at little tinkering to fit a thicker fairing.

Shane...how is your fairing attached? If it is just stuck on with the foam, it might not be strong enough. If its attached firmly, it should be no problem. It doesn't matter how thin the material is, just the thickness. Also, if its too thin, the force of the wind might bend the material :confused: Something to think about.

All in all, its sure nice to ride with getting blasted by the wind. In my boat, you can carry on a conversation easily with the Wind-Aways up. The Ladies love that feature :D