Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Motor Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/235493-motor-advice.html)

OCCJoe 07-25-2010 08:47 PM

Motor Advice

I have a 502 : built bottom end , forged crank , H-beam rods , blower pistons and blower roller cam .

: Dart Dominator intake ported and polished with 1050 dominator carb . Motor Made 565hp

Dilemma : Installing procharger but using a 4150 Demon carb and 4150 air gap intake that is not even gasket matched . will I still see HP gains or am I shooting myself in the foot Loosing the P&P Intake ?
Please don't tell me to just port the intake out as that is not an option due to time . .

OCCJoe 07-26-2010 06:36 PM

Any help

No Advice ????????????????????????????/

Young Performance 07-26-2010 10:46 PM

You will still see some gains, even though the intake is not matched to the heads. It goes without saying that you will be leaving some power on the table (how much is anyone's guess), but you will still be way ahead of the engine in it's NA form. There are to many variables to make a guess as to how much more power you would make with a matched intake. Good luck.
Eddie

TOASTY 07-27-2010 06:27 AM

sounds like you have a stout bottom.
wouldnt it be easier and less $$ to put a 871 on it.
i have always heard and have seen bad issues with pro charger.

Just sell some more wheels and radios to army people and build a 688" then the 24 will really haul your grand kids.

OCCJoe 07-27-2010 09:53 AM

Paid for

Originally Posted by TOASTY (Post 3168635)
sounds like you have a stout bottom.
wouldnt it be easier and less $$ to put a 871 on it.
i have always heard and have seen bad issues with pro charger.

Just sell some more wheels and radios to army people and build a 688" then the 24 will really haul your grand kids.

The deal is Cristian , I bought the ProCharger already and I want to keep it under the swim platform .
Camp Lejeune is a Marine corps base not army ! And hopefully there wont be any grand kids for a while .
Still haven't sold the bad boy yet ? Maybe if you get the owner to finish the cabin and change the color in the cockpit it would probably sell quick !

TOASTY 07-28-2010 04:52 PM

Well good luck with the motor. i am sure you will find good hp. My mistake thought you had g kids...thats what a year does to me. The 32 is under new management, and i am not sure i want to put a cabin in just yet. we will see...

its for sale at a wicked price.
how fast do you want to go with your set up? what is your goal?

OCCJoe 07-28-2010 05:21 PM

Hp

Really don't have a speed in mind , Ran 84mph with 565hp and had to trim high , made for a wild ride . Would love to see 80 with ease and keep the nose down .

TOASTY 07-30-2010 08:24 AM

can you play with spacers and props? after pro charge?
i am sure that and a little weight with some longer tabs may give you more stability.

good luck thats quick for not much natural pwr