Avanti 27................. >

Avanti 27.................

Notices

Avanti 27.................

Old 03-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avanti 27.................

Does anyone have any experience with the Avanti 27? How do they handle rough water, (big lake)? There is a hull for sale in my area with no motor or drive for 6900.00. It is an 89 model. It has the interior and k-plains, not sure about trailer. Any feedback on this as a project will be appreciated.

GO CARDS!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Avanti 27.................

If it's a NJ Avanti...Built by Dennis Friedman...narrow beam(7+' beam). I've run across a few in the past, both I.O. & Twin O.B. Produced in very low numbers...mostly custom ordered boats. Handle ocean water well w/deep-vee/narrow beam, but can be tricky to drive(w/big power) for the same reasons. Since they're mostly custom, look at each one as an individual boat....survey, survey, survey!
Hugh/Offshore
Old 03-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where is the boat located in louisville? id tihnk a 27 woudl be fine for boating the river and lakes arond kentucky, where do u boat at? sounds like a cool project, but i wouldnt put too much money into a rare boat like that unless ur sure ur gonna keep it for a long time.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

btw, CARDS R GOIN ALL THE WAY!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Registered

Thanks Stinger for the info. I havent been on the water in about two years. I built a new house and moved from Louisville to just outside Bardstown late last year. It took most of my time the last two years but now I'm ready to play. I have family at Nolin and the wife and I visit Cumberland a few times a year. I havent been on the ohio in about five years or so but I hear capt. qtr's is happening with gofast's now. I'll call about the boat this week, its in the Courier, and maybe take a look. My ole' nova is still in great shape but I thought bigger may be better.

Cards it is!
Old 03-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.avantipowerboats.com/

I live 5 mins from the factory/ garage where they make them
Old 03-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

captains quarters has only a few go-fasts(mostly stock powered fountains types). Jamestown marina in lake cumberland is filled with go-fasts that makes the river lok like nothin. i woudlnt keep a boat in teh river without a lift unless ur gonna keep it out of water most of teh time. WHat kidn of power are u tihnking of for it? I am redoing a 42 cig right now, but i woudlnt reccomend redoing a boat liek that unless u bought it right, or jsut really like the boat, cause you might be better off spending a little more money and getting a larger(35-38) boat in "good" condition as long as ur happy wiht not new condition, but after a year or two ur new interior isnt gonna lok brand new anyways. if ya did redo the boat keep it simple while making the boat look new but not spending a lot on stuff not needed or on fancy graphics because u r never gonna see ur money again when u sell it. twin 2.5 outboards would seem like a good choice for that boat, jsut because if ur running a high performance n/a single it isnt gonna be as reliable as twin stock outboards, and theres notihng worse than being stuck in a lake that size or on the river while out w/ ur family on fourht of july weekend. im not saying for u to do anything, thats just my $.02 hope it helps and all goes well
Old 03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered

I was really just kicking around the idea of restoring one myself but I think I'll wait. I have my heart set on an early 90's 31 Scarab. They are in my price range and my truck and new garage will be able to handle it fine. I really dont want to go bigger as I like to trailer to different locations. I actually pulled a boat from louisville to west palm beach fla some years ago.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered

btw stinger, have you heard anything about the louisville race. I was in contact with Ken Doyle this past winter and left a couple of emails but have heard nothing from him lately. I volunteered to help out any way I could but havent heard anything.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwannabe
Does anyone have any experience with the Avanti 27? How do they handle rough water, (big lake)? There is a hull for sale in my area with no motor or drive for 6900.00. It is an 89 model. It has the interior and k-plains, not sure about trailer. Any feedback on this as a project will be appreciated.

GO CARDS!
Will handle big water with no problem! Ours has a pretty big hook, and still has the wrong porp and is waaaayyy overbuilt because originally it had 2 turbo motors and KAAMA drives. With 530 HP it runs high 60s.
Attached Thumbnails Avanti 27.................-niceavanti1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: avi
avantirunvid1.AVI (1.30 MB, 187 views)
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (11-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Avanti 27.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.