Notices

Advise on a 32 DW cat pls

Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is Sean H ? which DW does he own or has he raced in?

Coolaii
where is the CG on your boat?
what do the driver and t-man weigh and what is their location in regards to the CG?
Have you run the boat with weight on the transom to gauge the effect? example: Light on fuel with 100lbs on the transom
Are you spinning your props in or out?
Have you run props that create bow or stern lift?

These are just a few of the questions that should be answered before you arbitrarily move the tanks. They are also questions that I'm sure Doug would ask you.

p.s Didn't this boat already win in Dubai and finish at the front multiple times? hmmm..It must run pretty well, then again maybe it was just Gary
Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

This boat has won and finished on the podium on several occasions. With both GB and IB at the throttles.....
Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
Who is Sean H ? which DW does he own or has he raced in?

Coolaii
where is the CG on your boat?
what do the driver and t-man weigh and what is their location in regards to the CG?
Have you run the boat with weight on the transom to gauge the effect? example: Light on fuel with 100lbs on the transom
Are you spinning your props in or out?
Have you run props that create bow or stern lift?

These are just a few of the questions that should be answered before you arbitrarily move the tanks. They are also questions that I'm sure Doug would ask you.

p.s Didn't this boat already win in Dubai and finish at the front multiple times? hmmm..It must run pretty well, then again maybe it was just Gary
Hi ,
COG must be around were the tanks are nowish i guess .

Driver could weigh about 90kg never asked him .i weigh 65kg max ,sorry cant covert into stones .location on that towards COG aint really that sure ,but we sit beside tanks .

That`s on ma note book for when we go back ,add weight @ the rear and little fuel .

Props spin in .

I only have Herrings 30s to use ,i have nothing else yet ,i will try others when we go back too , some say 4 blade mercs ,i also got told i could try throttleup ,sorry if i`m wrong but i never heard them props b4 and cant remember if that is what i was told 3 months ago , thats what we wana concentrate on prop testing as we know the boat does peform .

Yes the boat won ones and a few podiums since ,then some other faster boats came into xcats and it was finishing top 8ish.

I know we aint going to be as quick as the newer boats and i`m happy doing top 10 as i did on ma 1st race .but we all wana be quicker .

I ain`t going to fiddle with the setup of this boat as it performs and used to be raced by 2 experts so i wont touch it,but just play with Props and try the weight @ the rear with little fuel in main tanks to see its reaction , but knowing about the tanks would be great .

Oh yes if u wana see the boat running in Dubai type into the white bar ( xcat.tv ) not on google ,boat number 66 white with 2 red stripes along the deck , we come out on one off the promo vids @ the top of the page ,and all the other vids on the right of the page is our onboard cam ,there`s also pics .

Many fanx to all and sorry if i aint replied what u wanted to hear as its because i dont know the answer.

Regards,
Cooolaii A11
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Registered

The first thing that you need to do is get some seat time in the boat the way it is. And if you are planning on racing focus on getting spare parts, props, and test test test. Don't be disapointed if you are not up front for the first couple of races. You are in a good safe boat that has a great track record behind it. As far as your first race goes don't worry about where you finish, worry about finishing and being safe doing it.

Tague Estes
Infusion Marine LLC.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spirtofamericaracing
The first thing that you need to do is get some seat time in the boat the way it is. And if you are planning on racing focus on getting spare parts, props, and test test test. Don't be disapointed if you are not up front for the first couple of races. You are in a good safe boat that has a great track record behind it. As far as your first race goes don't worry about where you finish, worry about finishing and being safe doing it.

Tague Estes
Infusion Marine LLC.
Hi,
as i said i know i ain`t going to be infront with them ,`i`m happy top 10 and finishing, and i know i need more hrs of testing in the boat.

My question was why has this boat not got the tanks at the rear and if shiffting them back would be for the better or not ,i guess maybe it wont be better as 2 previous owners never moved them ,but atleast just to know WHY ?

Many fanx Regards,
Cooolaii A11.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

The answer to your question as to "WHY" they were never moved is simple

THEY DON'T NEED TO BE.......
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cooolaii
Hi,
as i said i know i ain`t going to be infront with them ,`i`m happy top 10 and finishing, and i know i need more hrs of testing in the boat.

My question was why has this boat not got the tanks at the rear and if shiffting them back would be for the better or not ,i guess maybe it wont be better as 2 previous owners never moved them ,but atleast just to know WHY ?

Many fanx Regards,
Cooolaii A11.
Since you seem too stuck on this point, then the Obvious would be run the boat with a quarter fuel load and 150#/68 Kg of sand bags in the back of each sponson.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
The answer to your question as to "WHY" they were never moved is simple

THEY DON'T NEED TO BE.......
Hi,
so then its not always the case shiffting it back for an extra few miles as it might not work correct ?

Nobody has a DW built with the same layup as i have which has tried it with weight @ the rear ?

Many fanx ,kind regards,
Cooolaii A11
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Since you seem too stuck on this point, then the Obvious would be run the boat with a quarter fuel load and 150#/68 Kg of sand bags in the back of each sponson.
Hi ,
yes if i can`t get told a convincing answer i will do what u mentioned when i return in Oct ,i have it on my note book .

many fanx ,regards,
Mark A11