Notices

Insurance i hate you

Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Wakezone quoted me a $2,400.00 annual premium on a 37 yr old boat with twin 350s about four weeks ago. I might add that last ticket I got was 23 yrs ago when I was 17. Something is pretty screwed up about that. No reason this premium should be a penny over $400 a year if not less.
WHOAAAA.....

I am surprised to here that. My insurance with Wakezone is ALWAYS better than competitive on my Cafe.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wakezone quoted me a $2,400.00 annual premium on a 37 yr old boat with twin 350s about four weeks ago. I might add that last ticket I got was 23 yrs ago when I was 17. Something is pretty screwed up about that. No reason this premium should be a penny over $400 a year if not less.

I pay $1100 per year for the Cafe' through State Farm.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered
VIP Member

What's really jacked is for someone who has never had a claim, owned performance boats for 10+ years and been running 100-110 mph v-hulls for 3 years and I called my insurance company about a cat...

If you haven't had a cat then you can't have one that goes over 100 and god forbid you have one with engines over 700 hp! Hell if I didn't want to go over 100 why would you want a cat anyway! My fountain rides better than any cat so duhhhhh! Then found someone that "might" insure me for a "first time cat owner" and they want $3.50-4/$1000 of boat value! do the math!!

It's just sad that insurance companies are holding the high performance boat market hostage!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Want to really hate insurance.... try insuring a business. This so-called "American Dream" and "you can do anything you want" is all in the balance of insurance companies. Trying to start up a new business along with making sure you are covered is VERY difficult. They will find every reason possible not to cover you. Unless that is you are making bubble wrap in a foam padded room with no machinery or employees.

But back on topic... it looks like you only have a 25' Outlaw. That should not be that had to insure at all, unless it is over 500HP (I think that is the magic number).

Like it was mentioned above, the best bet is keeping everything under the same company and having a clean track record, insurance companies are usually more likely to work with you.

Good luck and I KNOW all to well how frustrating insurance companies can be.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Want to really hate insurance.... try insuring a business. This so-called "American Dream" and "you can do anything you want" is all in the balance of insurance companies. Trying to start up a new business along with making sure you are covered is VERY difficult. They will find every reason possible not to cover you. Unless that is you are making bubble wrap in a foam padded room with no machinery or employees.
Land of the Free...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY

But back on topic... it looks like you only have a 25' Outlaw. That should not be that had to insure at all, unless it is over 500HP (I think that is the magic number).

Like it was mentioned above, the best bet is keeping everything under the same company and having a clean track record, insurance companies are usually more likely to work with you.

Good luck and I KNOW all to well how frustrating insurance companies can be.
And yet, most of you guys are against universal health care (expanded Medicare) the end effect being that MRC within the liability portion of your business policy and the MRC within your worker's comp prem. would be eliminated... it's estimated that american businesses spend over 300 Billion.. (with a B) on MRC... it's redundancies like these that make insuring the sick and injured so profitable. Maybe that's why these ins wh*res spent over a million a day to defeat any type of healthcare reform.

Just my 2 cents...

T
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Because we live in a society where some idiot spills hot coffee on themselves and sues McDonalds
Actually, If you want the truth to that one..

well over a year before that popular incident happened, another person recived 2nd degree burns from mcdonalds coffee, they sued..not to be greedy, but to have the coffee at a safe temp. It was settled out of court on the agreement that mcdonalds would provide coffee at a non burning temp. Mcdonalds didnt do that, another person was burned, they sued bolstered by the fact that mcdonalds had previously filed with the court that the temp would be turned down to a non burning temp. We are talking extensive 2nd degree burns. That jaw dropping figure awarded in the second suit, was based off of records provided by mcdonalds and equalled mcdonalds coffee sales for one single day. The presiding judge later dropped that figure considerably.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the reason I never finished my Magnum. I got about the same rate. 27' 33 year old boat. WTF?

But I have to say that Wakezone did come through on my Nortech. Very reasonable rate.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
dont blame stacey at wakezone because shes not in control of things price wise. all she can do is give good customer service and try and get you the best deal she can.

I HATE INSURANCE TOO!

But Of all the people I have dealt with regarding boat insurance, Stacey has helped me out the most, shes been patient, shes been profesional, and most of all helpful.

I have found cheaper prices from some other companies and it was a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price isnt every thing, having somone on your side is a huge plus. Its up to you how much that is worth to you.
I know in this economy everyone is going for the bottom dollar price but that is really hurting the quality businesses out there and its giving people less VALUE for thier dollar.

I agree boat insurance on older boats is STUPID. The older it gets the less it costs to replace so why does the price go Up??

WTF is that!

The problem with insurance companies is they have too many lobbyists too many laws in their favor and at least with car insurance you have to have it. so they have a captive group of purchasers.

No claims, no accidents, no tickets and my rates SUCK!

Thats not staceys fault though. Its the parent insurance companies fault.
Ditto, I love Stacy, I just hate the underwriters.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Land of the Free...
There isn't anything for free.... everyone has their hand in our pockets with the insurance companies being the deepest.

Originally Posted by MidOcean
And yet, most of you guys are against universal health care....
Easier there killer... I am not against it nor do I want my comment turned into a political debate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.