Notices

Triple OB Cats

Old 07-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Triple OB Cats

Whats the good and bad of a triple set up on a cat? It would be triple Mercury 300XS's on a new 32 or 35ft cat. I know the center motor takes more of a beating but how long do you think it would last if run and maintained properly. What speeds have people seen with triple set ups? Thanks for any info,

Dan
Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that the center motor doesn't net huge gain (8-10mph) and as you said takes a beating esp on a true tunnel cat. I looked at some used and if i were to purchase I would pull the center and use it as a spare. (shorter mid section)
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Whats the good and bad of a triple set up on a cat? It would be triple Mercury 300XS's on a new 32 or 35ft cat. I know the center motor takes more of a beating but how long do you think it would last if run and maintained properly. What speeds have people seen with triple set ups? Thanks for any info,

Dan
Go with twins!