Notices

howard bullet

Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default howard bullet

was wondering why there is not a howard boat owners section and no talk of such an amazing boat?
I'm considering buying one and wanted some input.
Has anyone ever waterskied behind one,stayed overnight,or owned one?
I had the opportunity to take a ride in one a year ago. it was an unbelievably stable ride at 90+ mph in 2-3' chop, with more throttle to go.
This boat had 1000 hp single engine from factory!!
Of course i would not be able to afford even a used one with this drive package.However i am finding them [not many] on line with 500's,525,and 575sci in my price range, any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by iwannacig; 07-09-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Bullet"

Call Bob Teague and ask him. Not many Howard owners here. You could also go to performanceboats.com which is a Western site with a lot of Western-built boatowners.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered

I too have always wondered why OS does not have a Howard section. O well there missing out on a great boat and a tight group of helpful, fun owners. Now onto your question. I have rode in & drove many Howard models. All are great! But you asked about a Bullet and since one is sitting in my shop Ill give you the run down. Mine is a 06 28ft Bullet with a GT Performance 1200 & a Max Machine Worx's all billet drive. My boat has 200+ hours, 175+ with 1000+ HP. When I bought my boat it was rigged with a FI 750 HP 598 BBC. It would run between 84-86 MPH in Havasu 430ft elevation. But since my home lake is at 6200ft I needed a little more power I upgraded to the GT motor. My boat does duty as a ski boat, weekend get away for me and the GF, fast rides for me and the buddies, poker run's, you name it. I can tell you they do it all WELL! From sweeping turns that will leave you smiling & thinking WOW. To cruising the canyons and big water of the western lakes. You can through ANY power at them and the will still handle like a dream, from 65-135 MPH they will have you smiling and thinking the lake was never this fun! If your looking for a V-Bottom that can do it all, and with the right power hand most any single engine boat on the water its ass look no further.

Last edited by NMBullet; 07-10-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Default Pic's

A few pics for everybody.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

Nice boat. In all the tests I've read of Howard boats I've never read anything negative about them.

But tell me-why is your scoop on backwards??
Old 07-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking and performing boat but I dont think
I have ever seen one in the ocean in big water?
Anyone run one in the ocean,if so how does it do?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Howard recently built a 36 off the 28 that should run very well in the ocean. Stretch it 2-4' more and it would make a strong Super V or Powerboat P1 contender;

http://www.howardboats.com/boat_spec...36_bullet.html

http://www.howardboats.com/boat_revi...9_36bullet.pdf

Last edited by Catmando; 07-10-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Nice boat. In all the tests I've read of Howard boats I've never read anything negative about them.

But tell me-why is your scoop on backwards??
That scoop was made to fit the big 3X3 quad rotors. Thats how it fits and I think also looks the best.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Thank you! I cant answer that question. Never been in big blue with mine. With that 15 degree pad on the back its no Cig or Outerlimits but you tab it down and drop the drive there is no lake water I have been on yet it wont roll right through.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Howard recently built a 36 off the 28 that should run very well in the ocean. Stretch it 2-4' more and it would make a strong Super V or Powerboat P1 contender;

http://www.howardboats.com/boat_spec...36_bullet.html

http://www.howardboats.com/boat_revi...9_36bullet.pdf

You are correct the 36 is a wave crusher! The one I rode and drove had twin 525's & bravos it was running 88-89 MPH with 4 of us in the boat. As of now there are only 2 out there but I think in the future this will be a big seller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.