Finally splashing boat today!!! >

Finally splashing boat today!!!

Notices

Finally splashing boat today!!!

Old 05-04-2002, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally splashing boat today!!!

I am a pretty diehard boater and usually have been out a few times by now but between work this year and the crappy weather in Chicago, this will be the first outing.

Got the GPS hooked up and am ready to try out new labbed prop along with new ignition module with higher rev limit.

If anybody wants to tag along give me a call at 847-902-9702. I will be going out to the Chain O'Lakes up north.

I will post speed results when I get home.

Can't wait to hear that big block and blower screamin'.

Dave
Old 05-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

good luck I am hopeing to splash tomorow as well finally got up to 60deg today. its 40 for 3weeks.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

splash thta thing peete will yaaa.. RUDE
Old 05-05-2002, 02:38 AM
VIP Member

Well unfortunately today did not turn out as expected. The "labbed prop" failed to deliver the goods. When this prop was box stock the boat would do 72.5 on GPS.

Today with 1/2 tank and very cool temps (ideal conditions) the max speed was only 67.5 on GPS. Nothing else was changed except prop. My phone call on monday should be very interesting. At this time I will not disclose who did the work because I feel he should be given an opportunity to correct the problem. If I become an unsatisfied customer then I will post it on the board. I guess my biggest dissapointment came from this person being highly recommended here on the board.

I will post final outcome here for all to see.
Back to the drawing board!!!!!!!!!

Dave
Old 05-05-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Man Dave, that sucks. Hopefully you can get it worked out. Look on the bright side, you got to go out boating yesterday. Keep us posted.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Registered

I know the feeling....I sent a set of props to Mercury Racing and they labbed the 2. When they came...they looked like **** and when I put them on...they ran like ****. I called and asked what the HEY...they said send them back. They redid them again and returned them for an additional 360.00...ontop of the 550.00 I already gave them....But when they returned they looked like brand new...If I had not stamped them, I would have thought they sent new. Now these did work and ran better, picked up 3 mph and 200 RPM
I am not saying you sent your to Merc.....I am just stating, we send props all over the place and are promised great returns and most of the time get SQUAT
Old 05-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Dave, How did that ignition module work for you?
Old 05-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any chance the problem is the module-I would think that would be the problem over the prop. What rpm before and after?
Old 05-05-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Dave,
Glad to see your getting her out this weekend. I just got back from testing in the river. I think I have my problems worked out. I need to order some parts and then let the boating season begin!

Dan
Old 05-05-2002, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

I did not change out the module yet. I decided to make the changes in steps so I could pinpoint any problems. Check posts above this one for more info. I had no problrm banging limiter at 5000 rpm with prop in its current state. Before it would only go to 4900. Now it over revs with a BIG loss in speed. Prop is a 26" Bravo 1.

Dave

Quick Reply: Finally splashing boat today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.