Notices

Pirelli Flooring

Old 05-03-2002, 05:10 PM
rwilson

Default Pirelli Flooring

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'd like to unsnap the carpeting and put down a nice blue prielli floor in the baby Scarab.

Does anyone have a source for the mats as well as pricing?

Any manufatures want to chime in? All the new boats seem to have it, but I'll be damned if its the absolute toughest thing to find.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Mike J

I use it a lot on boats for Movie and TV work, Im
getting ready to order some.
EMail me im also in Calif.
Color is not a big thing.
Perhaps we can order some
Im also going to do a 26'
Scarab.
www.cinemarentals.com
Mike J.

Old 05-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, do you glue it in? and if so how do you keep stuff like sand from getting underneath? I to am interested in it since I can't seem to be able to find a bright red carpet to match the bright red interior I just out in. I may be interested in purchasing also.

I see your in the movie industry. I worked in transportation up here in Washington. Last show I was a part of was the Angelina Jolie move "Life or Something Like it". It's been a tad bit sparse and not much going on for us in the NW.

Les
Old 05-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Try www.lonseal.com I just ordered some and will be installing it in my boat next week.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:00 PM
rwilson

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback...

Indy:

Does LonSeal come in rolls or tiles?

Old 05-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Fred...I ordered the Loncoin II, white birch is the color. The coins on the Loncoin II are textured so it gives a non-slip surface. Very nice flooring. I ordered a 6x7 sheet and the two part epoxy adhesive for about $160 or so. They recommended the epoxy for the winter/summer temperature variances and moisture resistance. Should make a great addition to the boat. They are quite responsive and sent samples right away. They also have a rubber diamond plate flooring that is real neat also, it comes in various colors. If you want more feedback, check with me after next week. I'll have put it in by then...Steve

BTW...Activefun, an OSO member, has access to Pirelli flooring. He is a real nice person and has a wicked Activator. He also sent some samples to me a while back. I didn't go with the Pirelli because it didn't have the textured coins, only smooth. I figured it would be a slipping hazard.

Last edited by Indy; 05-03-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

rwilson...sorry I didn't see your post. It comes in rolls up to 60 feet. They'll cut to your requirements, although I'm not sure what the minimum is.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:14 AM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Is that the ususal way that the stuff is put in by glueing? and do you mount the seats over the top or cut out around the mounts? I found some neat stuff at http://www.rubberflooring.ca/products/products.htm

I just sent them an email to see if I can get some in small amounts, but the stuff they have is pretty cool. I am looking at the HP flooring in Poppy to match the rest of my red interior.

Les
Old 05-04-2002, 06:22 AM
Miami

Indy - good info on the link - now I know where my floorings came from.

Had Loncoin Two in a Velocity ( option from mfg ) held up well, was not slippery but had to scrub out stains once in a while. Those who want to select a bright or dark color , BE CAREFUL!! On a hot day ( Mid Atlantic Region ) even the light grey that I had can be hot to the barefoot occupants.

Next boat, Powerplay, had what appeared to be LonWave Mirage in the cream color. A LOT BETTER!! Grooves ran from bow to stern, naturally channelling dirt and / or water into the bilge scuppers. The raised ridges provided great cushionning for extended pounding and the floor is never slipperry. Suprisingly, the white is easier to clean than the grey of the LonCoin Two.

Installation is a direct glue down. Bolsters should be removed and a 1/8" to 3/16" gap should be left around the entire cockpit perimeter to allow for expansion. The material is glued down with contact cement. It is a difficult procedure. Once you apply the fllooring it cannot be moved, shifted and / or relocated. A friend tried to install this flooring with a different adhesive that allowed him to manipulate the flooring before it cured ( 30minutes ). That particular adhesive was not suitable for the rigors of the marine environs and for the past two years has oozed out of the edges onto the flooring.

In closing - great stuff, difficult to install.

Old 05-04-2002, 06:38 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Good info Miami. I questioned them about the adhesive because I thought it was to go down with contact cement. They told me the same thing that came with their liturature "2 part epoxy - for underlayment grade plywood...all non porous surfaces...where the installation is subject to topical moisture or temperature changes"

That hits my intended use right on the head, and allows for an easier installation. They did say that the epoxy would harden quickly so the installer needs to move rather fast. I'm going to dry fit it first, then the glue down should be easier. Oh, they also want you to roll it out with a 75lb roller after it goes down.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Flooring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.