Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear they are ok.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is everyones definition of OK? I think Lisa needs everyones prayers. maybe its just me but anyone who is air lifted out is probably not OK!!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Expo
what is everyones definition of OK? I think Lisa needs everyones prayers. maybe its just me but anyone who is air lifted out is probably not OK!!
Per OSS

Lisa Matthews and Stan Ware Doing Well After Michigan City Accident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stan Ware was released from St. Anthony's Hospital with a bruised shoulder. Lisa was airlifted to a trauma center and is being released today to go home to Sarasota. Thanks to all the med/safety personnel who responded to the accident immediately.
Many thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from the offshore community and fans.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

Glad to hear she is ok! I was on the race patrol boat stationed up by the light house. we responded when we heard it come over the radio and we were the crusier that tried to tow it in. We only had a 3/4" rope onboard and we were pushing it to its limits trying. We gave up when coast guard said there was a tow boat enroute. If we had a larger rope we probably could have got it back in. There were roumors floating all over there about how she was doing, just glad she is fine! At work right now but i'll post some photos of the boat while we were tring to tow her tonight.

Last edited by Darren,MC; 08-09-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Glad to hear they are doing well. Lisa is a good chick
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Registered

From nwi.com

MICHIGAN CITY | The Great Lakes Grand Prix has become Dan Davies' favorite event on Super Boat International's schedule -- and for good reason.

In 2009, it was the location where Davies, a Lombard, Ill., resident, cut his teeth racing for SBI, and he turned out to be a world champion racer in the Manufacturer Production 2 class along with throttleman Martin Sanborn.

So, it is without question that Davies was looking forward to a return trip to the second annual Great Lakes Grand Prix at Washington Park -- in a city that's become a favorite destination for him and his family.

"This event is really special to me," Davies said. "It's really close. I have a lot of friends that come out here, and we have a lot of support."

Overall, Davies -- who owns and drives the yellow Fountain No. 47 boat (nicknamed Global Warmer, a local fan favorite) -- had a successful return to Lake Michigan. He finished first in the Manufacturer Production 1 class and second in the Superboat Vee Unlimited Class, overcoming the choppy water of Lake Michigan in the second race of the day.

"It was typical Lake Michigan water, and the guys who haven't raced it before really can't believe what it's like out there," Davies said. "We ran really well, and (Sanborn) had to do a lot of work today."

Though she's just 18 years old, Denver resident Maddie Janssen made an immediate impact in the first SBI race of her life. As the throttleman for Watch Your Back, a Superboat Vee Limited class boat, Janssen won her class along with driver Brian Forehand. Sunday's race was also her first trip to Indiana -- and her first race in Lake Michigan.

"It was definitely deceiving," Janssen said of the water. "It was pretty rough today. I had to prepare to bounce around and know what's going to happen before it happens.

"It definitely feels good to win. The city was great, and people kept saying ‘How do you like the lake?' I kept thinking it was an ocean with the beach and everything."

Popeyes boat throttleman Stan Ware, a New Orleans native, along with driver Lisa Matthews, had to be rescued by the SBI medical team after 32 minutes of racing when their boat capsized while driving 110 miles per hour. Ware escaped unscathed, but Matthews was taken to St. Anthony Memorial Hospital for precautionary reasons after nearly drowning.

"It was the first time I had Lisa in the boat, but she's a good driver. There was no driver error," Ware said.

"I've raced the Great Lakes since the '70s, and it's always a surprise. We went straight up (and tipped over). (Matthews) got tangled up in some lines, and I was pulling her out. We're fortunate to be here. It was a scary moment. The medical team is great. Without them, it wouldn‘t be like this right now."
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

Glad to hear the Popeyes crew is OK!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a relief. Kudos to all of you that helped.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

here are the photos of the first try for recovery of the popeyes boat...

Last edited by Darren,MC; 08-09-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.