Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ILMORE's in the classifieds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236671-ilmores-classifieds.html)

jeff1000man 08-11-2010 03:50 PM

ILMORE's in the classifieds

There was a pair of the 620+-? Ilmore's in the classifieds a while back for like 30K+-?. I never remember them selling, but can't find them anymore. Anyone remember who the seller was?

Marginmn 08-11-2010 05:16 PM

Some guy with a Baja who found that they wouldn't fit in his engine compartment.

You needing a set? I could be talked out of mine :)

jeff1000man 08-11-2010 06:21 PM

I have a couple things happening that would have put me pretty close to those. The guy in the BAJA? Was he the guy that was selling, or is he the new owner??

I think they would be awesome in my Nortech, but just depends on the deal. I have a bad ass set of bravo stellings to get rid of if i find an Ilmore deal.

I have a guy coming to look at some of my parts this week that could put me over the top. :coolcowboy:

PM me on yours.

fantastixvoyage 08-11-2010 06:36 PM

Jeff - I think you are looking for HGTMotorsports or something similar. he's out of MD if I remember right. I could be way off but I think he's your man. Engine guy too so you may be able to work out a trade.

jeff1000man 08-11-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3180403)
Jeff - I think you are looking for HGTMotorsports or something similar. he's out of MD if I remember right. I could be way off but I think he's your man. Engine guy too so you may be able to work out a trade.

That actually sounds right

fantastixvoyage 08-11-2010 06:41 PM

Also try calling Ilmor directly. Bob Mason or one of the guys could probably locate you a set of used, especially if you dont mind a Gen1

jeff1000man 08-11-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3180407)
Also try calling Ilmor directly. Bob Mason or one of the guys could probably locate you a set of used, especially if you dont mind a Gen1

I don't really know anything about them except they are supposed to be pretty much bullet proof. And they look and sound bad ass.

I keep going back and forth on just building some myself. I can do it cheap, but I want the boat done and in the water this summer, and I don't have a lot of time right now.

nitrousnolan 08-11-2010 07:35 PM

It was not HTG, they are in Rochester area. The guy w the Ilmors is from my area, I could get you a # for him through a PM. We are from the Syracuse area.

NASCAT 08-11-2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 3180276)
There was a pair of the 620+-? Ilmore's in the classifieds a while back for like 30K+-?. I never remember them selling, but can't find them anymore. Anyone remember who the seller was?

Another option would be to contact Ilmor direct as they come across used engines from time to time as well as know who's looking to upgrade so they try to help put sellers & buyers together.

PM IlmorDude here he works there & may be able to assist.