Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who was on the Hudson River at midnight ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23677-who-hudson-river-midnight.html)

Hot Boat 05-05-2002 08:35 AM

Who was on the Hudson River at midnight ??

Last night just before midnight The wife and I went to the Cold Spring river side park along the Hudson River . At about five minutes to midnight I seen a boat hading south very fast. before I knew it was going past us and Load as a M.F. They must of had headers or something. I could hear it for the next few minutes. More than likely they were coming from Gullies or Front St. It was just great to hear that sound. It got my adrenalin pumping. I just cant wait till my boat is finished. I am almost there. :D I am looking forward to the meeting some local OSO members out there when she is all done. I hope most of them are still planning to raft up and watch the NYC Poker run. I haven't seen any threads on the raft up lately. I am defiantly still in. With or with out my boat.

Paul

26sonic 05-05-2002 09:12 PM

hot boat , i was at gully's last nite and saw an older red 42 fountain there , might have been the one you heard because it came up from the south of gully's . still haven't heard about the oso run to kingston yet , i should be in the water just in time for memorial day weekend , hope to see you out there!

Hot Boat 05-05-2002 09:47 PM

26Sonic I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and my boat is ready in the next two weeks . I am looking forward to meeting up with everyone on the river. Any time you are ready for a run up north , let me know. I will need to break in the motor and a run or two too Kingston would be good. Keep in touch and let me know when you get the boat wet.

I was luckily to be on the river today for a short time. I was running my old boat with its new owner. It was great to be out there even if it was just for a hour. The river was very busy today. Not a good day to teach him how to drive. This guy hit a huge wake and came crashing down on the following wave so hard I thought the boat was going to break in half and it trough out my back as well. So if any one sees a 21' all red Nordic with a ram air scoop on the back hatch and white interior......KEEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!................ At least till he gets the hang of it.

Chris288 05-06-2002 08:12 AM

The river was mobbed yesterday....

There must have been 15 Baja's, a few sonics, some scarabs, and A LOT off " MISC " boats around gully's yesterday, the river was packed...

Tantrum 05-06-2002 09:02 AM

Im all fired up myself. I was up at a marina just south of Mariners yesturday afternoon helping my G/F's father tie some bumpers. There was quite a few boats out. I saw a grey Scarab, white Baja , a yellow, looked like an few year old Donzi, and a Sonic on the water. I wanted out there sooo bad.
Paul, I got your e-mail a few weeks back and just realized I havent replied. Sorry. Ive been travelling for the past four weeks and the little time I get in the office Im playing cetch up.
I will get an e-mail out to all the Hudson River boaters that I have addresses for today or tomorrow.
As soon as Im in the water I will pick up anyone who isnt in the water yet and shuttle over to gullies.
Chris

dckrafft 05-06-2002 10:27 PM

I have not even looked at my boat since last fall. It should not take too much work to get it ready. I am still in for the poker run raft up at the Tappan Zee bridge. I was there for the last two years - best seats in the house, especially if the tide is heading out.

Dave