JBS and Nauti-Marine to Go Head to Head at Shootout >

JBS and Nauti-Marine to Go Head to Head at Shootout

Notices

JBS and Nauti-Marine to Go Head to Head at Shootout

Old 08-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
If im not mistaken the Geico boat is the original Callan boat so it would be nothing new for that particular boat!
MANY CHANGES since and a lot less power!

they will b missed there!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by omerta one

Regarding Geico, they won't come. Mark told me that they have nothing to gain from having their asses handed to them by JBS and they are scared; I respectfully agree.
COME ON AMF, first you run from reggie and now Jeff and Joe??
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Registered

sure hope they run us in key west at the very least! we should have our program fine tuned by then!

i am not really sure when the next time we cross paths? jeff would know. once again it's (JBS's) sponsor derived.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
The fastest boats in the country will be there. Why would Geico NOT want to do battle with them?? I think they should put their T55s in the boat and go for Callan's 209 record.
I spoke with Mark at the JBS/Mystic event during the Miami boat show about this very issue. He said (in my words) that basically as the world champ in offshore racing they have nothing to gain by doing a shootout...and with other options the sponsor didn't place enough significance on the event.

Again, I respectfully disagree with that viewpoint; but since I live at LOTO my opinion may not be as objective; I'd love to see them run here.

Last edited by omerta one; 08-16-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

I spoke with Mark at the JBS/Mystice event during the Miami boat show about this very issue. He said (in my words) that basically as the world champ in offshore racing they have nothing to gain by doing a shootout...and with other options the sponsor didn't place enough significance on the event.

Again, I respectfully disagree with that viewpoint; but since I live at LOTO my opinion may not be as objective; I'd love to see them run here.
Enuff significance? Next to KW, it's probably the largest spectator event and definitely has the most serious hardware of any. And, if you're going to pretend to be the "World's Fastest", you definitely need to attend.

That being said, I'm glad that JBS is coming to join the fastest fleet of Skater's and MTI's on the planet. Regardless of the results, everyone is a winner for competing as far as I am concerned. I just pray for a safe event!

Talking about safety, I am opposed to the side-by-side racing on this particular course. Too narrow should something catastophic happen as evidenced by a problem JT & I had a few years ago. Could have been disastrous as the video link below shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuf46_pOIlw

Look forward to the "piston vs turbine" battle and can't wait to see everyone there!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Can't wait!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Enuff significance? Next to KW, it's probably the largest spectator event and definitely has the most serious hardware of any. And, if you're going to pretend to be the "World's Fastest", you definitely need to attend.

That being said, I'm glad that JBS is coming to join the fastest fleet of Skater's and MTI's on the planet. Regardless of the results, everyone is a winner for competing as far as I am concerned. I just pray for a safe event!

Talking about safety, I am opposed to the side-by-side racing on this particular course. Too narrow should something catastophic happen as evidenced by a problem JT & I had a few years ago. Could have been disastrous as the video link below shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuf46_pOIlw

Look forward to the "piston vs turbine" battle and can't wait to see everyone there!
I put a lot of weight behind your comments and the emphasis on Safety. No one can argue with what you are saying.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

I spoke with Mark at the JBS/Mystice event during the Miami boat show about this very issue. He said (in my words) that basically as the world champ in offshore racing they have nothing to gain by doing a shootout...and with other options the sponsor didn't place enough significance on the event.

I don't get it. How could Geico not want the additional publicity of possibly being the TRUE world's fastest boat. The boat is the world's fastest, when run as Miss Longlite with Dave Callan and John Cosker. But as Miss Geico, it does not hold that record ( LOTO shootout). Why would Haggin not want the competition of running against the best boats in the world? As far as the other part of the above comment, it's very easy to be world champs when you have no competition. Just my thoughts on this beautiful morning.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Jay real nice work on the Photos!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=KiloKat;3183309]Enuff significance? And, if you're going to pretend to be the "World's Fastest", you definitely need to attend.

I LIKE THAT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.