Did this ever happen to you???

Notices

Did this ever happen to you???

Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
I was out running today for about two hours. Did a little bay cruise and then a little rough ocean jumping. About 2 miles from my house I lift up the hatch to check for any leaks etc. I find a fitting leaking gas, dripping very slowly. I decide to lift up the hatch, throw the blower on and idle back to the ramp. Just prior to this I ran an 86mph straight away. Before lifting the boat out of the water, I put the drive all the way up. To my suprise, I find this! I didnt feel it hit anything. And you would think I would have. The boat wasnt vibrating any more then usual either. Strange.....I wish I knew what happened. Any clue

EDIT: Three of the blades are completely bent. The forth blade is untouched!
I'm thinking you got the trailer or the ramp, any damage to the skeg?, did you lose a board off your trailer? In any case that sucks, the fuel leak was potentially a lot worse. Was the line fractured or just loose.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We made a hot lap around lake Maurepas one afternoon about 150 mph came back niticed a tad of slippage. It broke all 8 blades, took two inches off the tip of each blade and never a vibration. Only way we thought something was odd it picked up a couple hundred rpms on the last bit.