Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did this ever happen to you??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236837-did-ever-happen-you.html)

Mastercraft240 08-13-2010 10:10 PM

Did this ever happen to you???

1 Attachment(s)
I was out running today for about two hours. Did a little bay cruise and then a little rough ocean jumping. About 2 miles from my house I lift up the hatch to check for any leaks etc. I find a fitting leaking gas, dripping very slowly. I decide to lift up the hatch, throw the blower on and idle back to the ramp. Just prior to this I ran an 86mph straight away. Before lifting the boat out of the water, I put the drive all the way up. To my suprise, I find this! I didnt feel it hit anything. And you would think I would have. The boat wasnt vibrating any more then usual either. Strange.....I wish I knew what happened. Any clue :angry-smiley-038:

EDIT: Three of the blades are completely bent. The forth blade is untouched!

rexmitchell 08-13-2010 10:15 PM

Damn it looks like you tagged something pretty good, buoy maybe?

Expat 08-13-2010 10:32 PM

IMO Prop had to be spinning slow if not stopped for the blades to be bent back like that. Especially having one not touched. If really spinning fast all blades would be chewed.

PhantomChaos 08-13-2010 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3182198)
I was out running today for about two hours. Did a little bay cruise and then a little rough ocean jumping. About 2 miles from my house I lift up the hatch to check for any leaks etc. I find a fitting leaking gas, dripping very slowly. I decide to lift up the hatch, throw the blower on and idle back to the ramp. Just prior to this I ran an 86mph straight away. Before lifting the boat out of the water, I put the drive all the way up. To my suprise, I find this! I didnt feel it hit anything. And you would think I would have. The boat wasnt vibrating any more then usual either. Strange.....I wish I knew what happened. Any clue :angry-smiley-038:

EDIT: Three of the blades are completely bent. The forth blade is untouched!

That sucks.......but you have the right idea!!! Go pour yourself a cocktail, turn the stove on high for 30 minutes, go to the garage and get a ball-peen hammer and get to work on it!!! You'll be good to go after 3 cocktails but probably all four blades will be bent. :drink:

cigboat1 08-13-2010 11:45 PM

You may have hit " Moby Dick"

Jim

Mastercraft240 08-14-2010 10:12 AM

**** my life. Is this prop fixable?

BLee 08-14-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3182349)

Oh yeah, they can fix that.

I agree, that it had to have happened when the prop wasn't engaged, or was in reverse, for it to have bent the blades in that fashion?

X-Rated30 08-14-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3182349)

That'll buff out.:drink:

johnnyboatman 08-14-2010 07:19 PM

maybe it hit on the lift.

POWERPLAY J 08-14-2010 10:28 PM

I didn't know they have those damn manitees in NY...