Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th >

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
So are they going around the south side and through the VZ bridge and back up the east river?
clockwise around Long Island.....
Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the record for a single engine?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
What is the record for a single engine?
Good question........

I also wonder what the outboard record is...?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

I wonder if any of the LOTO fast boats will come? If they can go fast for 1 mile, can they do it for another 270 miles.....or are the boaters of today just interested in that short spurt for bragging rights?

Remember the days when Brownie, while working at Donzi, would deliver 16 footers over to the Bahamas to the buyers.....he did it by driving them over there and navigating with a compass.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I wonder if any of the LOTO fast boats will come? If they can go fast for 1 mile, can they do it for another 270 miles.....or are the boaters of today just interested in that short spurt for bragging rights?

Remember the days when Brownie, while working at Donzi, would deliver 16 footers over to the Bahamas to the buyers.....he did it by driving them over there and navigating with a compass.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigbroadjumper
Look.....all I'm trying to do here is to encourage some guy out there with an offshore boat that has never been used for anything like this.

You don't have to be one of the dozen jillionaires with a big high speed boat to have fun here.

This will be an easy race ,in a sense as there is no open ocean navigation. The island can be seen at all times and it will be up to the crew to run just as fast as they need to to complete this course.

I'm not putting anyone down, I am trying to build some people up that may be hesitant because they never did anything like this before.

Once upon a time a guy by the name of Bill Wishnick decided that he was going to try this race. He had a little Alim boat and he installed an extra fuel tank for the race.

At the start.... he made it about 1/4 mile before the boards that he nailed to the floor, to hold in the extra tank came loose and the tank started rolling around. But he did it and he came back in later years and went on to become World Champion.

There is someone out there who will love this if they just try it. Billy and I have done this and we are telling you come...enjoy. No championship pressures...just fun.

Believe me years from now ....it will be one of the highpoint s of your life
Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MiniHawk
I'll be there with my 13' Mini Hawk... Im not running in this event due to the size of the boat.
You should have bought a Bullet 130....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Best of Luck with this event Charlie !

Sorry to see that the AC Race ended up on the same weekend, but the title sponsors call the shots on when they want the event.

I can assure you, next year everything possible will be done to have the AC Race on the same weekend as the NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run weekend around the 3rd weekend in June.
Which only makes more sense because then they have all of the water support they can ever have already there...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES

Sorry to see that the AC Race ended up on the same weekend, but the title sponsors call the shots on when they want the event.

I can assure you, next year everything possible will be done to have the AC Race on the same weekend as the NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run weekend around the 3rd weekend in June.
Which only makes more sense because then they have all of the water support they can ever have already there...
Thanks Tim....we tried to be accomodating to the racers .....hey, in the end this may be better as it leaves our event open to some old style racing from guys who would not normally race.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES

Luv Ya Sharkey....but it's always about the elusive and fictional "Next Year".

Sadly this year was "next year" last year.

Offshore needed to get its act together many "next years" ago.

Fact is, (with or without "intent") the original date was a poke in the eye at the long standing SBI race in NYC....now the new "schedule" ignores an existng date set aside for a simple effort at providing an alternative long distance point to point race that was gaining some enthusiasm.

What happened to the hopey changey "United We Race" slogan? Maybe that will be instituted "Next Year" as well.

Last edited by T2x; 08-19-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.