Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed? >

Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed?

Notices

Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed?

I discovered today that my XR drives have no caviation plates installed. Are these really needed? Will they make the boat faster? Boat is a 36' Eliminator Daytona. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time the cavitation plate is needed, is to get on plane. Whether you not you can get on plane without is something you will have to try. Had a friend in a 38 Top Gun that lost his cavitation plate off one XR and tried for an hour to get on plane and never could.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 34Mach1
I discovered today that my XR drives have no caviation plates installed. Are these really needed? Will they make the boat faster? Boat is a 36' Eliminator Daytona. Thanks.
Are you talking about the little silver plates that screw on just above the prop?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Yes! the little silver plate above the prop...
Old 08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 34Mach1
Yes! the little silver plate above the prop...
I have a pair less hardware if you want them, don't remember what they went for new but make me an offer & they are yours. Made a difference for me getting on plane in my 32 Spectre Cat that had no tabs. My current boat has been upgraded from the bravo drives thus no use for them.

Michael
704-905-0086
Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered

Default Question

Michael,

Will you be in Bristol this weekend?

And if so, what is your affiliation with NASCAR ?

Thanks ET
Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ET Tam
Michael,

Will you be in Bristol this weekend?

And if so, what is your affiliation with NASCAR ?

Thanks ET
ET,

I will not, was supposed to go to Skater to fetch my boat but looks like it will be next weekend instead. I'm a team Mgr @ Hendrick Motorsports! Bristol is a great track one of my favs, I attended the spring event but won't be there this weekend.

Michael
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Registered

Default Second Question

Michael,

Your choice and advancement in your vocation is only surpassed by your selection and investment in your avocation.

May I ask, Is this a new Skater Product that you'll be fetching, and if so, can you devulge length , style and motor selection.

Would you be inclined to use the Sterlings or perhaps use something "In-House" from the Charlotte Area for the powerplant?

# 24 and 48 ? ...Dang !

ET
Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ET Tam
Michael,

Your choice and advancement in your vocation is only surpassed by your selection and investment in your avocation.

May I ask, Is this a new Skater Product that you'll be fetching, and if so, can you devulge length , style and motor selection.

Would you be inclined to use the Sterlings or perhaps use something "In-House" from the Charlotte Area for the powerplant?

# 24 and 48 ? ...Dang !

ET
In fairness to 34Mach 1 & in an effort not to hijack this thread I'm going to keep my response to your inquiries short.

First off I posted pics of my previous boat, a Spectre 32 w/ the SS Cavitation Plate set up.

If you want to know more about my 2007 Skater 30 w/ Ilmor power check out this thread. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...y-upgrade.html

I'm in my 18th season at HMS & yes I'm affilliated w/ the #24 & #48 teams. Many people ask me why I don't have HMS build my engines & the answer is quite simple, we aren't in the marine business, we don't build big blocks & w/ 500+ employees we simply can't take on personal projects. Keep in mind our 850+ hp Cup Engines get rebuilt after every event too.
Attached Thumbnails Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed?-ls-drive-4.jpg   Bravo 1 Cavitation plates needed?-32-stern.jpg