Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   XR/XZ to B-Max Swap- Denohew (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23697-xr-xz-b-max-swap-denohew.html)

rpm 05-05-2002 06:45 PM

XR/XZ to B-Max Swap- Denohew

Dennis, if you or anyone else is breaking Bravos and are willing to take the win/win challange, this is what I propose.

I'll take your Bravos on trade against B-Max's that we setup, install, break-in and test on your boat with engines that have less than 1000 HP and that will idle at 1000 rpms or less in neutral. If you break one, I'll give you your money back for one full year or replace the drive - your choice.

920-236-4220

Rod

cobra marty 05-05-2002 07:50 PM

Are you saying that the B-Maxes are not set up correctly by the Bravo Shop?

GO4BROKE 05-05-2002 08:01 PM

I thought B-maxes were a direct replacement for B1's, what needs to be changed?

eliminator219 05-05-2002 09:17 PM

B- max Drives

Very interesting, you have my attention, How much per engine is this going to cost us? Also will my short drives hook up to the B-max? (136 ratio) Please give us a little more information on this little trade. As of yet I have not tore up a complete drive, just some parts but I can see it in my future,does not make me happy to think about all the expense to replace them... Please tell us more! I will call you tomorrow. (Monday)

Regards, eliminator219:) :) :)

rpm 05-05-2002 09:51 PM

B-Max

Cobra, all I'm saying is that we had some very minor issues that could have been catastophic without our diligence and to make sure that it they don't happen again and to assure the longterm reliabiltiy of this proposal, we will set them up.

Go4, for the most part bolt on except for steering.

Elimi, we could use your cases, but not the internals. Trade values are based on warranty status, overall condition and internals. Values will be given only after teardown, at which you can be present if you'd like and on an individual basis.

Quotes will be provided on an individual basis. As you all know, base price with no labor, upgrades or changes of the drive alone is $12,500.00.

Rod

rpm 05-06-2002 09:51 PM

B-Max Challenge

TTT

KAAMA 05-07-2002 09:49 AM

Rod,
have you had any experience or seen the new IMCO SC outdrive that is a direct Bravo One replacement? I guess they are good up to about 750HP/TQ with a 5000 pound boat. I still think the B-MAX is stronger yet than the new IMCO SC. I know a couple of guys running the B-MAX's on their boats with about 1100-1200hp without any issues that I know of. Some of these are single engine light weight boats. Anyway, I know the IMCO SC's are relatively new and wanted to know what the scoop is on them thus far if anyone has any yet.

Thanks Mark

Rod, sorry---I just realized this was probably the wrong thread to post this on :o