Need Advice - Any reason why?

Notices

Need Advice - Any reason why?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Need Advice - Any reason why?

Ok Cig lovers. Anyone have any ideas why this boat hasn't sold?

It was previously overpriced by other brokers and my friend owns it now....long story... Anyway, he's a multi-boat owner and is looking to sell the boat for market value, it's located here in NJ.

Anyone have any ideas why it's not selling? The brand-new equipment alone is worth the price of the boat.

Just FYI, the brokers listing the boat don't have contracts per-se and the listing price is not what it is being offered for.....If anyone has any questions please contact me directly.
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice - Any reason why?-23961_2.jpg   Need Advice - Any reason why?-23961_6.jpg  

Last edited by Panther; 08-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:32 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much is the selling price? Year, etc?
The used boat market is brutal right now. I recently bought a 1997 50' Hatteras for just under $200k. Trying to sell my 50' Bertram is tough. I can't sell it for $160K, I'd hate to be selling a performance boat right now!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Buyers dictate price in this market so the request of the owner is to bring all reasonable offers to the table.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Also, whatever the price gets set at right now I think won't make a difference. There is a similar year 42 with similar Sterling power with 120+ hrs on power for 259k. Factor in rebuilds on those hours I assume?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Ok Cig lovers. Anyone have any ideas why this boat hasn't sold?
Money is still tight, might get better after the November elections.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

No advice?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

The Sister 38 was parked right next to me last weekend at a poker run. It get's TONS of attention. Nevertheless, I still think the color scheme will take a certain buyer. It's a shame because the details and work in the paint is awesome....

P.S. - what's market value on a T/S 42 Cig these days??
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by seafordguy
The Sister 38 was parked right next to me last weekend at a poker run. It get's TONS of attention. Nevertheless, I still think the color scheme will take a certain buyer. It's a shame because the details and work in the paint is awesome....
I agree... I had only seen this boat in person when we first sold it. When I saw the boat I fell in love with it and so did everyone else that we showed it to and subsequently put in $$ offers. Pictures don't do the boat any any justice IMHO.

If I had the cash to splash I'd be boating in it today!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bad Ass boat for sure but here are a few things I see....

Carb setup/old blower vs. EFI and Whipple-EVERYTHING is going EFI these days!!!!
5th wheel trailer - not sure its too desirable
Its been for sale forever!!! Public might think there is a underlying reason its sitting for the past two years in the classifieds.
PRICE listed!!! I know all the other 42 T/S are slight differences in boat or power but the price listed is about 100k more than a few others. Yes this has bigger power but its not "Mercury". Cobra has a good reputation but so many people I know don't want to steer away from Mercury due to public perception...i.e. resale value. On the West Coast, Cobra is almost a unknown...harder to sell it here unlike a Mercury or Teague boat. The same rules probably apply on the east coast but reversed.

Put up new pictures and offer it a real price, something the owner can live with...

Chris
Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Buyers dictate price in this market so the request of the owner is to bring all reasonable offers to the table.

30k and my Formula 292.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.