Notices

Guest Etiquette

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
this thread has received a lot more attention than i expected...thanks.
actually its a great topic and having been around this place since almost the beginning you be surprised, this exact thread gets started every other year or so and is usually pretty popular. Good to see peoples opinion and how they handle certain things.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
It wasnt me was it?? . . . . Is that why i havnt been on your boat since Jammin on the James? . . . . . I would have chipped in more . . . . or at all . . . . if you would have at least had my brand of Vodka on board.

I remember you telling me the story about that guy. Definitely a "B" lister . . . . . or maybe C D or E. . . . . Some people never get it.
Nahhh it wasn't you...your a c-blocker... and we had Wills shine

Originally Posted by glassdave
or if ya step on my seats with street shoes . . . .
now THAT'S funny...if only I coulda seen it then...lol
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

If you invite the right guests you don't even have to ask.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
My invited guests pay for nothing on my boat. Lunch or a couple cocktails afterwords are always appreciated, but I expect nothing.
Eggzackly!!!

I don't invite anyone on my boat that I don't want to spend the day with and I would be burning the gas regardless. I would never, ever ask anyone for gas money. When I go out on someone else's boat, I take care of the lunch or drink tab most of the time before it even comes by just snagging the waitress before she brings it to the table.

Just sayin
Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Eggzackly!!!
When I go out on someone else's boat, I take care of the lunch or drink tab most of the time before it even comes by just snagging the waitress before she brings it to the table.

Just sayin
And sometimes even breakfast and we were just sitting in his hotel, not his boat
Old 08-25-2010, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ckin62
At a car show many years back I saw a tiny sticker in the corner of a passenger window. It said: Grass, gas or ass nobody rides for free.
All of us that are older had that exact bumper sticker on our vans back in the 70's/80's. I had to change the wording a little bit

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
And sometimes even breakfast and we were just sitting in his hotel, not his boat
I'm still trying to pay that one off!

Phucker
Old 08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
I'm in my early twenties and we are all still in college. I am boatless but a couple of my friends have boats. They aren't big and I know what it cost to run them on a given weekend. I don't make a lot since I work part-time but I always make sure I give them half of what the fuel cost (we only burn about $100 a weekend) but to a college student thats a lot. I always pack my own cooler with food and beverages. I'm there during the week cleaning the boat with them when it's all over. I just always thought this was proper way of doing it.
I'm sure your buddy appreciates you helping clean up when the fun is over. A lot of people say "thanks" and head out as soon as you get back to the dock.

Tony and I don't expect anything or ask for anything from out guests. We generally do not invite many non-boaters. We all will be riding with someone when we break down. We generally do not accept gas money. I normally advise people of were we're going in advance so they know what to bring. I normally pack enough water and/or food for everyone or will talk with the other people on food. They're on their own for any alcohol for the most part (unless I decide to bring along some sort of mixed drink for everyone). If we stop somewhere for lunch, I certainly don't expect food or bar tab to be paid for. It's nice but we'd be doing the exact same thing anyway so it certainly isn't necessary.

Unfortunately our engines can't seem to stay in the boat so we've been doing our fair share of mooching rides for the last couple of years. We'll normally pick up the tab and/or dock fees of whomever we're riding with (depending on the person it's sometimes in stealth mode ). We normally offer money for gas, but as said we are all just trading around riding with each other.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziChick
I'm sure your buddy appreciates you helping clean up when the fun is over. A lot of people say "thanks" and head out as soon as you get back to the dock.

Tony and I don't expect anything or ask for anything from out guests. We generally do not invite many non-boaters. We all will be riding with someone when we break down. We generally do not accept gas money. I normally advise people of were we're going in advance so they know what to bring. I normally pack enough water and/or food for everyone or will talk with the other people on food. They're on their own for any alcohol for the most part (unless I decide to bring along some sort of mixed drink for everyone). If we stop somewhere for lunch, I certainly don't expect food or bar tab to be paid for. It's nice but we'd be doing the exact same thing anyway so it certainly isn't necessary.

Unfortunately our engines can't seem to stay in the boat so we've been doing our fair share of mooching rides for the last couple of years. We'll normally pick up the tab and/or dock fees of whomever we're riding with (depending on the person it's sometimes in stealth mode ). We normally offer money for gas, but as said we are all just trading around riding with each other.
Certain people are welcome anytime they want....
because they are great crew and alot of fun to be around.Like you and Tony.No $ needed or wanted....Others...Couldnt pay enough !
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I'm free in a couple of weekends Cig, I'll be on the dock with my lifejacket, a six pack of Bush, and an extra five spot for the attendant. Pretty much good to go.

C/S Gave everyone who wears a life vest a bad name.
Just out of curiosity did he ever offer to pay for fuel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.