Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th! >

NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!

Notices

NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
...I was in the furthest boat (Tempest)
Tell the owner that's a sharp-looking boat. The paint job really works well with the lines. We enjoyed running with the group once we got our prop test out of the way. It was certainly a beautiful (if chilly) morning for a run, although it warmed up quickly.

Too bad the other Batboat pitched a blower pulley. They were good guys and provided a lot of help at the travel lift getting everyone else into the water. I had hoped to see them at brunch, but they didn't make it.

Last edited by C_Spray; 09-12-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

more pics
Attached Thumbnails NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!-dsc00141.jpg   NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!-dsc00228.jpg   NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!-dsc00222.jpg  

NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!-dsc00174.jpg   NJPPC 30ft & Under Black Jack Poker Run - Saturday September 4th!-dsc00235.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
During the run was running 65-68 my boat will also run 71-72 but I need perfect water and a few miles of WOT.Its probably a little over propped right now as I put new 28s on it this year and I did not know the Fastechs come with labbed props from the factory.But it cut my cruise rpm down so its ok.
I did not get labbed props from formula but had a couple sets labbed and did some pr"s in the chesapeak and ran by a couple boats with equal power. Sticks to the stops the 6.2's never skipped a beat. Great hull !
Old 09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donzilla
I did not get labbed props from formula but had a couple sets labbed and did some pr"s in the chesapeak and ran by a couple boats with equal power. Sticks to the stops the 6.2's never skipped a beat. Great hull !
Yeah for what it is its a great boat.Putting Imco aluminum exhaust solved the bow rise when coming on plane.270lbs off the rear.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1HfzC1FJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bXIEwjpgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PW9E9PhoKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz3kSAe3m4k
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

I wanted to say that it was a great time. I met alot of great people and I plan on doing more next year.. Hopefully we will get more people involved. ( now that everyone sees how much fun it can be not going 150 mph ) Maybe no mechanical gremlins either.. Thanks again dave.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Great vids!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered

Thank you again to everyone who came out and participated. The KEY is that we call ran together and still had a great time!

We have even made great inroads in making our REALLY big & powerful boat owning club members think the same way.

The days of the "1st to the card boat bullchit" I hope is on the decline (at least in NJ it is).

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Lookin great Tim!!!!

I think Billy's stoked you got so much video of him.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
The days of the "1st to the card boat bullchit" I hope is on the decline (at least in NJ it is)...
I guess that we could have shown more discretion on the third leg, but "that uppity guy" in the jetboat forced our hand...
I swear that at no time did we exceed 92 mph. At least we were only first by about 15 seconds, and were the LAST boat to the first card stop!

Actually, my real story is that we had just gotten the prop back from Hering and used the short burst at the start of the third (long) leg to find out what we had. Once we re-grouped with the pack, the pace boat (you guys) had been forced far to the east into shallow water, and we found ourselves on a direct course to the card boat. (Thanks for the coordinates.) A shorter distance oftens trumps faster speeds...

It was REALLY nice cruising back north as a pack, with people taking turns next to the pace/photo boat for some of Sharkey's awesome shots. Very low-stress and relaxing.

The pizza/beer get-together was great on Friday night; there were a lot of people who had not met each other and it was a great atmosphere. (The shop cat enjoyed it as well...)

Brunch at the Lobster Shanty was great. Doing the run beforehand worked up a good appetite for great food (as usual).

Post-run cocktails at the Waters Edge were nice, although I can't for the life of me figure out why the heck they put up those stupid walls that block the view of the water.

Having the run early in the day was brilliant. Barnegat Bay was a madhouse when we left the Waters Edge at 2:30.

And the rain held off until Sunday!

Sign us up for the next one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.