Notices

Boat Food

Old 08-27-2010, 02:31 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Food

Getting tired of sandwiches and fried chicken. The Magma works good but its a pain to deal with with a lot of people on the boat.
Anybody got any killer recipes? What do you take for a day on the water?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/nach...o-salad-461705

We often make a version of this in the summer. It's actually quite filling depending on how much ground taco beef/turkey you add to it. It's pretty hearty when you need it to be, and it's cold. I can't bring myself to eat a hearty hot meal on the boat on a hot day.

A tray of frozen shrimp placed in one of those stay-cool foil bags is actually pretty much perfect around lunch time as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

stromboli...

lay out pizza dough on a rectangle cookie sheet. down the middle lay pepperoni, salami and ham plus some cheese and a few peperchinis do not add any kind of sauce), fold up like a giant burrito and bake. serve cold and sliced into strips. Easy to make before hand and neat, no sandwhich stuff lettuce etc falling all over the boat etc.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
stromboli...

lay out pizza dough on a rectangle cookie sheet. down the middle lay pepperoni, salami and ham plus some cheese and a few peperchinis do not add any kind of sauce), fold up like a giant burrito and bake. serve cold and sliced into strips. Easy to make before hand and neat, no sandwhich stuff lettuce etc falling all over the boat etc.
I'll have to try that, sounds great & no mess.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

stromboli...

Pizza pinwheels, same principle as stromboli but spread toppings evenly across dough, roll into a log, slice to desired thickness, bake and you have bite size pizzas(pinwheels).
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stromboli...

Thats the way to go, when I finally get my boat back together, I'll have to try it.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered

I like to combine bowtie pasta, orange and red pepper (diced), broccoli (chopped), diced sharp cheese, imitation crab meat, and italian dressing. Throw it in some tupperware and chill in the ice chest. It's refreshing on a hot day.