Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Young Performance Marine A+ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/237813-young-performance-marine.html)

Potomac Fever 08-28-2010 10:50 AM

Young Performance Marine A+

Upon reading many threads and responses from Eddie Young I found his comments genuine and very knowledgable. Memorial day weekend left me with a bad motor and a bad attitude to boot. Seeking advice I deceided to try and reach Eddie Young of Young Performance Marine.and ask him a few questions, Here"s what ensued:
Eddied responded to me immediaetly, he gave me his opinions and advice. I called him several times with a multitude of questions, he responed to every call and e-mail quickly and professionally. He pointed me in directions I needed to go, all the while speaking to me as if we grew up together. What a blessing this day and time
We come on this site and often see negitive comments, I want to let others know that there are great folks who like to help others for the passion of performance boating
In my opinion EDDIE IS A CLASS ACT IN THIS INDUSTRY AND I'M GREATFUL FOR THE TIME YOU GAVE ME.
I have never met him in person, but he left me feeling I have known him for years. Thanks again!!

Noise Pollution 08-28-2010 09:07 PM

Ditto
I have emailed Youg performance myself a few times looking for advice. I've never called Young but Eddie has always responced quickly and always willing to help. I Found his advice very helpfull each time.
It is nice to know that there are people out there like him.

FuelinAround 08-28-2010 11:54 PM

+1

Indy 08-29-2010 09:30 AM

Ttt...

Pwrbt33 08-29-2010 09:34 AM

Eddie is a class act for sure!!! You'll never go wrong asking him a question or getting him to build you a set of engines!

I've known Eddie for a few years now and anytime I have ever needed a part, asked a question or had engines done for a customer.....he's been on it with no hesitation!!

By the way Eddie, I need to get 2 of those shirts!! XL Let me know where to send the $.

Young Performance 09-01-2010 10:10 AM

I just noticed this thread. I didn't get much of a chance to log on over the weekend at the Shootout. I can't thank you guys enough for the kind words. Threads like this are what makes it all worth it. I really enjoy what I do, including helping people out. I received a ton of help growing up because I couldn't afford to pay someone to do everything for me. I had to learn to do it myself. I was lucky enough to have some great people help me out, so I have no problem reciprocating.

While this thread is certainly not nesseccary, I really do appreciate it more than I can express. Thanks guys.

John, give me a shout on the shirts and let me know which ones you want. I don't think I have your address. Talk to you soon.

Eddie

Potomac Fever 09-01-2010 10:32 AM

I would like to purchase some shirts from you also. Please send the payment info to
[email protected]

Again I can't thank you enough for your insight!

stopdropanroll 09-01-2010 11:17 AM

X10,

I felt the same way you all do when I talked to Eddie for the first time on a Saterday and for 45 minutes non the less. Many people have told me there is closer places to have my boat tuned right but when the time comes I WILL be making the drive to YPM to have the work done.

A+++++ It sure makes the expence of boating feel allot better when you know your in good hands.

Fixxxer22 09-01-2010 11:22 AM

I have never met Eddie. And i have never spent a dime with him. between his posts and taking the time to talk on the phone with me on my build last winter. I have never met a builder willing to just share info with somoeone who has a lot to learn. there will be a day that i am in the position to have engines built for me and Eddie will be my guy. I have learned so much from him and took notes when i was on the phone with him. with the tricks, and tips from him i have a reliable dummy proof engine. Eddie is an awesome dude! And he builds killer engines.

and Eddie, if you have shirts, decals or anything i would be glad to buy some and sport your company!

mikes280 09-01-2010 11:49 AM

Four years ago i had blower problems for the second time,after talking to the blower manf. i just did not like the answer i got . Someone told me about Eddie so i called him, i do my own motors but this problem was getting old and expensive ,well Eddie fixed my problem for about what the cost off the manf. fix was difference is Eddies fix has now lasted 4 summers(knock on wood) i was doing good to get 1 year out of the other fix.