Shootout speeds

Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by webmediafx
100 mph
what its run before?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Stunning!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Registered

Yep, Stunning. I think its my favorite cat, I would just want way less power
Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Thanks DKW you did a fine job.
Roger that! Thanks dkwestern-good ****.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrighton
Congrats to Fred and Leon......first real test since new engines, total re-rig, new trannies, props, etc......it was still in pieces a few days ago and they had pretty much zero test time!

Way to go guys

DC
+1
Old 08-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Global Warmer fountain merc 700 stock.

120 mph.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Earthwerks
Global Warmer fountain merc 700 stock.

120 mph.
Congratulations, Dan. Hope to see you before too long now.
Bob
Old 08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

Awesome news Dan!
Congrats!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMC69
what happened with eddie young and the 399 skater. that boat is usually wicked fast
Originally Posted by kyboy1020
I would have expected more out of that skater vee that Eddie built..... figured it was an easy 150 boat
Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
If I was guessing nothing other than it was the 1st pass of the 1st time at the shootout.. I obviously can't nor will attempt to speak for eddie or anybody else for that matter.. However I do know that he wasn't going to throttle the boat hard right out of the gate.. The boat accelerates very hard & I'm confident that its got more in it..
Hey guys. To say that I am dissapointed is an understatement. I have attached a pic of the GPS/chartplotter from the Skater. How or why the radar gun came in at 118 is still a mystery. The second run was my fault. I had the boat a little to stuck on the first run. It will start to lay over on it's side at speed if it is trimmed to low. Once it does that, it will not straighten back up without slowing down. It started on me and once it got bad enough to start veering off course, I stopped accelerating anymore and maintained my speed. I was to close to the finish to back off. ON the second run I loosened it up some and it got to loose. I felt the steering get real tight and had problems driving out of it to the point I had to lift. I got back into it and it started again. The steering got worse and I was forced to back out again. Long strory short, it pitched one of the power steering belts and it was just to hard to turn. We have it fixed and are ready for tomorrow.
Now to the bigger problem. I spoke with Ron Duggan, Bob Teague, and about 10 other guys that know their stuff as to why my gps/chartplotter said 151 mph and the radar said 118 mph. The boat felt better than it ever has and I knew it was running a good #. It's pretty simple math. I was running about 5600 rpm, 1.35 gear and 41 props. That's a bunch more than 118 mph. The general consensus is that the boats radar signature is not very good. We have been trying to figure out what to do. I am open to any and all suggestions. I spoke with a few guys that have had to run metallic stickers, radar reflectors, etc to get a better reading. I heard a bunch of guys complaining about their gps reading being more than the radar, but not 33 mph. The most I heard was 10 from Nauti. Everyone else seemed to be about 3-5 mph.
If anyone has an idea, please spit it out. Thanks
Eddie

By the way, I reset the top speed on the gps about 5 minutes before my run while I was waiting in line to run.
Attached Thumbnails Shootout speeds-speedo-399-skater-large-.jpg  
Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear that Eddie, hopefully you and the boat get the # you deserve!! 151 is flyin, was the previous high 137?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.